Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sticky PopLoc – any tips?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

My PopLoc mech isn’t rotating the compression lock-out on the fork. Is it a cable issue?

Any advice much appreciated as I’m missing my remote!

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve had a sticky one in the past (ooer) and it was a kink in the inner cable causing friction in the outer cable – dirt could be a problem too…

tk46hal
    Free Member

They do tend to stick after a muddy ride and then a wash! A drop of wd40 and it seems ok sometimes! If not, then I tend to turn the dial by hand, A nuisance, but it’s not the end of the world is it!

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Mine stuck and it wasn’t the cable. Easy way to tell is disconnect the cable and manually turn poploc. If it springs back it’s the cable. If it doesn’t it’s something internal, probably the return spring getting dislodged, thats what happened to mine.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/topic/43425-poploc-on-new-reba-giving-hassles/

Moonhead
    Free Member

Yeah I had this too. Was quite worried it was something in the fork…… Was in Morzine at the time so tried some lube etc. That didn’t really fix it so at home I changed the inner cable and also the outer, all was well again. Something just got a kink somewhere, hope yours is as easy to fix 🙂

billyboy
    Free Member

They are useless GET RID OF IT…put a normal lock out lever on the fork

phiiiiil

I wouldn’t be without mine on the hardtail, although occasionally the lever flicks back but I need to poke the end of the cable down to make it move…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks all.

billyboy – cool your boots man.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sticky PopLoc – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.