Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • STH DOWNS RANDONEE
  • idotri
    Free Member

HELP……………CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A ROUGH GUIDE ON WHAT TO TAKE FOOD/ENERGY GEL/DRINK WISE IM DOING THE 65 MILER 25 JUNE, DONE THE SOUTHEND TO CAMBRIDGE 78 MILE EARLY THIS YEAR BUT READING A FEW BLOGS, THIS SEEMS A DIFFERENT “GRAVY” .NOT SURE WHAT ENERGY BARS, TO TAKE HOW MANY ETC…………ANYONE DONE THIS AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU ……THANX

McHamish
    Free Member

Could you speak into this? I can’t hear you.

5lab

when I did the full SDW, i had a big plate of pasta the night before, then on the day I had

2 scotch eggs
    4 pasties
    1 pack jaffa cakes
    1 litre lukozade
    3 bananas
    4 toffee crisps

I wasn’t anywhere near out of energy (i had 4 pork pies in my bag I carried the whole way and didn’t eat). so I guess, take that and knock 1/3 off?

rewski
    Free Member

I’m getting heart burn just reading that list 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

I want a scotch egg 😥

nuke

Drinks wise you should be ok as there are plenty of taps along the way (First one at QECP then every 10-15miles or so)…have a look here:

http://www.bikedowns.co.uk/Water%20taps.htm

Food wise it depends on you as everyone will be different depending on fitness etc. As 5lab says, starting fuelling up the night before with pasta and the like.

I go for a bit of a range… energy gels (4 or so), crisps, cake, haribo sweets/rowntrees randoms. Personally I find it a struggle to eat stodgy food into a long cycle on a warm day as my mouth dries up regardless of how much I drink so I save the easy stuff like the gels for later in the ride

nuke

double post

amt27
    Free Member

stop for a proper lunch half way I would

wwaswas

Couple of Malt loaves, some flapjack and some spare energy powder for when you top up the camelbak.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘STH DOWNS RANDONEE’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM