Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stewart Lee
  • FeeFoo
    Free Member

Saw Stewart Lee tonight live.

The man’s a genius.

Stewart Lee – Observational comedy

Woody
    Free Member

He’s one of my favourites too – sharp, clever AND funny without being up his own ar$e.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

…only wish he’d done some of his Top Gear stuff.

Then I could have quoted it on here and thereby reinstated the usual Sunday “I love/loathe TG” thread.

Hicksy
    Free Member

I saw him last year – was a fan from the Lee and Herring Fist of Fun days (you can download the old radio shows from his website). He was trying out new stuff for the TV show – looking forward to that.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I saw him just before Christmas. He is by far the best stand up I’ve ever seen. His next programme on BBC will contain a fair bit of the material from that show.

Lifer
    Free Member

Yep another +1 here, probably my favourite comedian. All the Fist of Fun and This Morning With Richard Not Judy are linked from his website as well. Saw him at the Brighton Dome last year, absolutely brilliant!

BigJohn

Totally agree about Stewart Lee’s excellence.

I went to the Comedy Club in Stafford last night. 2 of the acts were just like his “observational comedy” Where are you from…ooh Erdington – pound shop, charity shop, pound shop charity shop” etc. Not a single gag between them.

The headline was Steve Day though. Britain’s only deaf comedian. Thoroughly good with punch lines and everything – go and see him if you can.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

How is he with hecklers?

poppa
    Free Member

How is he with hecklers?

I thought he rode a Nomad?

Drac

Nope still don’t find him funny, oh well.

BigJohn

You have to heckle in sign language. But you can applaud without hitting your hands together and he can’t tell the difference.

Quite funny when he told us about the argument with his bank manager. Apparently the bank manager said “Your account”.

Woody
    Free Member

His ‘Richard Littlejohn/dead prostitute’ is well worth finding on youtube.

I won’t link it as it is definitely NSFW 8)

Hicksy
    Free Member

This is one of my favourite bits (does have some swearing) – it still kinda works even when seen out of context (filmed in Glasgow!)…..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQCNb4AuW4[/video]
    …..if you like it don’t forget to watch part two.

RealMan
    Free Member

How is he with hecklers?

I thought he rode a Nomad?

Big LOL.

I think he’s great..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtIeyWOga9A

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stewart Lee’ is closed to new replies.