• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by sc-xc.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stewart Lee
  • woodnut
    Free Member

Anyone see it? I know he’s marmite, but last nights riff on his cat Jeremy Corbyn had me weeping with laughter….his daftest and best work since the Richard Hammond sketch I thought?

moonsaballoon

I haven’t watched this week’s yet but last week’s was brilliant . The Chris Morris parts are excellent

ourmaninthenorth

I prefer his more acerbic stuff TBH. I think I only laughed once.

The interviews with CM remain excellent.

cheese@4p

Not only a true original but makes me LOL

mrchrispy

he seems to be enjoying himself mor and i think it makes him funnier. lst week was very good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are layers folded over layers in his comedy. I love it, especially the little explanations “off-camera” to “us at home” (which during the Islamaphobia episode had me in stitches). It’s comedy on many levels. No wonder right wingers don’t like him. 😀

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i liked his fudge abortion clinic protected by a ring of sponge finger feminists entry into bake off

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s genius work. I don’t know how he manages to keep getting better.

ransos
    Free Member

That Terry Christian’s let himself go.

maccruiskeen

The interviews with CM remain excellent.

There was a bit in the last series which is (I think) the only time I’ve seen Chris Morris drop his guard and laugh.

digga
    Free Member

Can’t listen to too much of Lee without being reminded of:

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

The Islamophobia performance was a masterclass, nailed the hat firmly on! The Quakers are comin 😯

DrJ

The Jeremy Corbyn thing had me helpless with laughter.

Speshpaul

beaker people coming over here with their fancy drinking vessels!
    what’s wrong with cupping your hands?

edhornby

Last night’s was top drawer

Stockhausen the gerbil 🙂

llama

I only say I like him so I can fit in with the liberal intelligencia. I mean, all his stuff is a bit too London centric, I just smirk but Im really trying to appear clever. I’m sure the 3 minute shitting sound effect had several layers of meaning, even though I was sickened inside, I pretended to laugh. I don’t even like Jeremy Corbyns and I think shitting on the England flag, well, that’s treason isn’t it? It should be death sentance for that shouldn’t it? No wait, hanging is too good for him! C**t.

🙂

Sawyer
    Free Member

I have to say last night’s wasn’t my favourite. The Paul Nuttalls from the Ukips routine from a past series I watch all the time though.

Carpet Remnant World was a fantastic show as well, have a search for jungle canyon rope bridge, one of my favourite pieces of comedy ever.

sc-xc

I really like him, have seen him live a few times…so ‘get’ his style…

However. The current series is a bit too self reverential (if that’s even a thing, I’m 2/3 down a bottle of Russian standard). A bit too clever. I enjoy it, but I don’t L – O – L … As the kids are wont to say.

Mind you, I’m a bit off kilter as I have recent,y discovered the ‘Elis James and John Robins Podcast’ from radio X (formerly XFM)…the funniest thing I have ever, ever heard.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Are you on email sc-xc? :o)

I saw John Robins a few weeks ago – he was very good.

sc-xc

You have got to be Hicksy. I’m an early adopter though, so…..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stewart Lee’ is closed to new replies.