Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Steve Coogan / Alan Partridge
  • warton
    Free Member

He has to be up there as greatest comic character of all time:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4mbc2VEojg[/video]

Reluctant
    Free Member

Thanks for posting the clip – very good! 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

He has to be up there as greatest comic character of all time:

Agreed. So many good quotes to be had from Alan Partridge.

Dan! Dan!

djglover
    Free Member

Up there with the best yes, but the live stuff is always overplayed. Works far better as a studio production. Lookig forward to recieving about 4 copies of the book at Xmas

djglover
    Free Member

Incase anyone hasn’t seen them look up his fosters funnies, best partridge since the series shot in the travel tavern IMHO

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cringeworthy at it’s best….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1hcfKAcxC0&feature=related[/video]

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Second series is amazing, up there with The Smell of Reeves and Mortimor and the Office.

The Irish episode above with Ged was off the chart.

chomp
    Free Member

listening to his ‘I, Partridge’ audio book* at the moment and it’s **** quality. I’ll be buying the book for the wife at xmas I reckon as she’s not really into listening to audio books. It’s class though as he reads it himself (obviously) and it’s all done with the usual Partridge panache. Somewhere between Smart and Smart Casual

captainfishhead
    Free Member

I must be the only person left in the country that doesn’t get it

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I must be the only person left in the country that doesn’t get it

Nope, the girl friend doesn’t get him either. I will be chuckling away and she will just look confused.

sobriety
    Free Member

Ahhhhhh, Ladyboys….

binners

It’s the work of utter genius! And ahead of it’s time. All the ‘ridiculous’ programme ideas he blurts out would probably now be commissioned! Youth hosteling with chris eubank? Cooking in prison? monkey tennis?

jimmers
    Free Member

Back of the net!

binners

Cashback!!!

jimmers
    Free Member

“Aha!”
    “Lynn! You couldn’t present a… cat!”
    “Oh cook a cat!”
    “Well there’s no need for that!”
    “Mrs Moneypenny’s an egit! she’s an egit!”
    “I’m leaving you, you cow!”
    “Bash your ****!”
    “No not my face i’m doing a photo shoot tomorrow for vision express”
    “Can I just read you something from Top Gear magazine”
    “Not my words Carol the words of Top Gear magazine”
    “Well, you’re in the right ballpark. No, it actually says ****, Piss, Partridge.”
    “There’s never any graffiti in the hotel. Although in the Gents a couple of weeks a go I did see someone had drawn a lady’s part. Quite detailed. The guy obviously had talent.”
    “Guide dogs for the blind. It’s cruel really, isn’t it? Getting a dog to lead a man round all day. Not fair on either of them.”
    “I’d love to get my hands on the bastard. Or *****, might be a lady.”
    “I’m sorry, that was just a noise.”
    “Do you want some sugarpuffs”
    “I’m gonna hump ya….like Deputy Dawg would hump ya”
    “Good. Got my fungal foot powder? Ah, it’s a lifesaver, you know. I’d effectively be disabled if it weren’t for these.”
    “Right, dry skin cream. I’m having an attack of the old flakes again. This morning, my pillow looked like a flapjack.”
    “I’ve been working like a Japanese prisoner of war. But a happy one.”
    “Rolled on the thighs of a virgin.”
    “Lynn’s not my wife. She’s my PA. Hard-worker, but there’s no affection.”
    “In fact, you know, the best thing I ever did was get thrown out by my wife! She’s living with a fitness instructor. He drinks that yellow stuff in tins. He’s an idiot!”
    “BANG! I’m James Bond”
    “Do you know what this bathroom says to me? Aqua. Which is French for water. It’s like being inside an enormous Fox’s Glacier Mint. Which, again, to me is a bonus.”
    “Yes, it’s an extender! Fantastic. That is the icing on the cake.”
    Alan has a confronatation with a former schoolmate regarding being caned as a teenager for having a chalk penis drawn on his back. “That was a long time ago Alan!” “That’s what Nazi war criminals say!”
    “I do like that toilet. It’s very futuristic, isn’t it? Very, sort of, high-tech, space age. I can imagine Buck Rogers taking a dump on that. In the twenty-first century. Can I, have a go?”
    “We managed to rectify it, though, because it now says, by adapting it, “Cook” where it once said “****”, and it says “Pass” now where it once said “Piss”, so it’s slightly less rude.”
    “All this wine nonsense! You get all these wine people, don’t you? Wine this, wine that. Let’s have a bit of red, let’s have a bit of white. Ooh, that’s a snazzy bouquet. Oh, this smells of, I don’t know, basil. Sometimes you just want to say, sod all this wine, just give me a pint of, mineral water.”
    “Can I just shock you? I like wine. Despite what I just said earlier. At any one time I have nine bottles of wine in my house.”
    “And, can I have the same, please? But with different shaped pasta. What do you call those pasta in bows? Like a bow-tie, but miniature? Like an action man bow-tie.”
    “Alright, I’ll rephrase the question. Can I… no, actually, I’ll just repeat the question: have I got a second series?”
    “Yeah, give me another series you ****.”
    “Tony, I’ve, look I’ve just bought a house. It’s got a Buck Rodgers toilet. One yank, all gone!”
    “Textbook sexual intercourse.”
    “Jurassic Park!”
    “Kiss my face.”
    “I like your berets.”
    “Back of the net!”
    “Smell my cheese, you mother!”
    “Lynn I’m not coming to your baptist church! They always get people when they’re down.”

jackthedog
    Free Member

I think this recent move has been something quite special.

Alan has become a celebrity in his own right, even though we know he doesn’t exist. The boundaries of character and performer have been blurred massively more than they already were. The fans have been around for long enough now to just know it all and go with it.

I remember initially finding the jump to I’m Alan Partridge hard to stomach, as it’d gone from a format of self aware spoof to fairly straightforward sitcom. But it worked.

Now it’s swung back again – Alan is tweeting and being interviewed and writing his autobiography. Not Coogan – Alan. I think it’s a wonderful direction to take.

I’ve not yet read the book but I’ve read a lot of teaser snippets online. I loved reading his take on the meeting with Tony Hayers. We saw that meeting in the third person, and now we have him telling us his account of it in the first person, but in his account he of course came out as the hero. And despite seeing the truth for ourselves we would expect nothing less of Alan’s autobiography.

I love it. The fourth wall hasn’t so much been broken as been rendered entirely irrelevant.

And noticing the one person he follows on Twitter killed me. In fact that entire stream is just perfect.

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrOBqn0asug[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Prefer Paul Calf myself.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FToWmvObXk&feature=related[/video]

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOUeauLWEaE&feature=related[/video]

monkey_boy
    Free Member

he is one of the best, half my mates just dont get him.

one of the funniest clips for me is in the hotel when he has a shower curtain wraped round him and pretends to be a zombie, he goes downstairs to reception and tries to scare everyone… nobody laughs then he tries to ‘get an excuse’…

also when he goes back to his stalkers house and he takes him into the room with his posters a doll in there and runs of “MENTALIST!!”

chakaping
    Free Member

I would quite like to see Dogs on Fogle

🙂

TiRed

Was much better on Radio 4. I think the move to TV lost the magic.

DezB
    Free Member

On TV next Monday night

Monday 10 October, Channel 4,
    00:00 STEVE COOGAN LIVE 2008… 60 MINS
    …As Alan Partridge and Other Less Successful Characters: Recorded during his nationwide tour while performing at the Blackpool Opera House. It features a host of well-loved characters.

grum
    Free Member

Just got the I, Partridge Audiobook as mentioned above – bit patchy but there’s some fantastically funny bits in there. Definitely worth getting.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Beautiful poetry, comedic inferance.

Steve Coogan..

“bows to his talent”

hora
    Free Member

Ah- haaaaar!

flyingmonkeycorps

SCUM ON THE RUN!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Check out the very last five minutes of his interview with Richard Bacon yesterday. He talks about the Daily Mail from Alan Partridge’s point of view. Took my a second to realise it was actually Partridge being interviewed and not Coogan. Took me a while to warm to him but I agree now that he’s excellent. Loved that Trip thing he did with Rob Brydon.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Was good in its day but seems not as relevant and passe these days.

speshspenner
    Free Member

Did no one watch “Cruise of the Gods” on bbc3 Wednesday night?…not his finest hour!, me and Mrs Spesh Spenner sat and watched it, thinking it would be good! Total pants!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Steve Coogan / Alan Partridge’ is closed to new replies.