Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Steel LT hardtails with loads of mud clearance . . ?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’ve seen the Ragley’s, anything else out there that has stacks of mud clearance?

Yetiman
    Free Member

My Ragley Blue Pig X has loads of clearance and my previous Dialled Prince Albert was pretty good too. I ran large volume 2.3 and 2.4 tyres on that with no clearance issues.

Arcticdan
    Free Member

I run a 2.5 Minion in the back of my Bfe all year round in the Epping Forest mudfest, never had any issues…..

proutster
    Free Member

Although DMR have recently stopped making them, the Ex[alt] can take up to a 2.5″ rear (and some users say a 2.7″ Maxxis will fit).

I’ve got a Dual-ply High Roller 2.35″ on mine and there’s absolutely loads of room.

monkeyboyjc

surly pugsley?

cr500dom
    Free Member

Have had a 2.4″ Conti Rubber Queen in the back of my 16″ Blue pig with loads of room to spare and they come up huge, a mate had it on a 456 briefly but it rubbed the seat stay bridge…
    I had a Norco Torrent that would happily take a 2.7″ dual ply Gazzalodi 😯 and I suspect the Ragley would too ?
    IIRC Brant ran his with a 24×3″ Gazzalodi for a while

WackoAK
    Free Member

I run 2.5 minions on the back of my Summer Season with no issues at all.

mboy
    Free Member

BFe definitely has loads of clearance, had a 2.35 Bonty ACX (bigger than a 2.5″ Maxxis!!!) on the back of mine with mud clearance, rode it right through winter like that too.

Only sold the frame cos it was too much bike for me really.

djflexure

Sovereign – massive clearance

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My 456 takes a 2.5″ maxxis and a pretty bent rear wheel without any complaints.

Actualy, if you’re after an 18″ I’m selling it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Steel LT hardtails with loads of mud clearance . . ?’ is closed to new replies.