Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Steel bike in a thunderstorm?
  • GrahamS

You’re at the Business Park by the Tyne yeah?
    I’d stay there for a while yet MtbRoutes. Got the radio on?
    We’ve been in the car for two hours now..

GrahamS

Still stationary.

Just had time to nip out the car and grab some chips and drinks while the missus negotiated one roundabout.
    Don’t think she had moved more than four foot by the time I got back.

Still in traffic – but now nomming 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wierd weather in Saltburn too, we had biblical rain for what seemed like 30 seconds, then nothing for a few minutes then it got going propperly with the thunder and lightning.

Well the lightning has stopped – but all I can hear is car alarms going off now

Normal evening in Newcastle then 😛

GrahamS

And still in traffic. That’s three and a half hours so far…

LabWormy

After spending two hours sweeping flood water out of our factory, I cycled home and was the only thing moving in most places.

Scotswood Road, outside the tank factory is feet deep in water and town was gridlocked everywhere I could see.

It was quite a smug feeling cycling past everyone – I’ll just wait for Weil’s disease to kick in now!

steviedog
    Free Member

Cycled through the thick of it from North Shields towards Seaton Delaval along the cycle paths and bridle ways. Quite an experience!

Got home then to help the neighbours down the road to stop the water flooding their homes.

Glad I didn’t take up the offer of getting dropped off at work by the mrs in the car!

jonba
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    And still in traffic. That’s three and a half hours so far…

Took me a few minutes extra to cycle home. Got wet though 😉

GrahamS

Finally home at 10pm. Left work at 5ish!

Glad I didn’t risk cycling in it to be honest. Would have been a lot quicker tho!
    At least I got to keep the missus company. Longest we’ve had alone together in a couple of years!

ChrisHeath

OK, maybe I did speak a bit too soon…

I rode home. Looking at the carnage on Scotswood Road, a bike was definitely the bestest form of transport last night. Took me maybe 10 mins longer than usual, most of which was stopping to take photies.

😀

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Steel bike in a thunderstorm?’ is closed to new replies.