Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Steal V Ti
  • bobster
    Free Member

No, not a which is better.

I'm just curious if anyone has gone from Ti to Steel, or vice versa for that matter, and their thoughts and opinions. I'm a Ti rider but have recently tried some steel bikes that have really impressed, and am having a bit of a rethink.

Ta

tails
    Free Member
    WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Steal. If you can away with it.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

😀

jond
    Free Member

Ride it like you told it ?

IGMC..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Puerly oppinion:

Ti bikes seem to be cracking a lot lately

Steel bikes arent the lightest

Aluminium aloy fatigues quickly (relatively)

Carbon has the potential to beet all three, but im waiting to see the first 5 year old carbon frames before im convinced they realy can take a hammering.

None are the ultimate frame material, so you pays your money and takes your pick. I realy want to try a whyte 19, but suspect the (hopefully) soon to arrive 456 will be all I need.

GW
    Free Member

Ti – it's obviously easier to spell 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

I had a Soul, loved it. Got a Soda thinking it would be like the Soul but would last forever, but it lasted about a year before cracks (propagating from dents) led to its retiral. I'm now back on the Soul which luckily I hadn't sold. All in all, I prefer the Soul. The geometry is the same but it just feels more planted, stronger and more stable.

I got an insurance payout for the Soda, but didn't use it to buy another, though I considered a Ti 456. Draw your own conclusion from that.

bobster
    Free Member

Thanks johnners – that's rather helpful.

LOL – Can't believe my spelling, I remember thinking it would be funny if I misspelt it, must of lodged in my brain so that I did – doh!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Steal V Ti’ is closed to new replies.