• This topic has 45 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bakey.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Starbucks' venti Grape with Chai, Orange and Cinnamon Hot Mulled Fruit
  • maccruiskeen

Secondly, a short latte from Starbucks is 8floz, the same size as a standard mug you’d have at home.

Exactly – a 8floz mug like you have at home is ‘large’. Compared, say, to a cup (6floz)

The smallest measure Starbucks ‘offer’ (rather than have but tell nobody about) and Costas’ smallest cup is 12floz – so bigger than a large measure and twice the size of a small one – and their two-handle coffee-potty is 20floz –

molgrips
    Free Member

The original point is a good one – now we’re splitting hairs over the size of mugs of beverages that are entirely optional and often completely calorie free anyway.

Bottom line is – if you want a massive sugary drink, you can buy one. That’s the case anywhere.

Point of the OP is that people may not realise just how sugary some of this stuff is. Having said that, the information is there if they care to look – it’s not kept secret.

scotroutes

Ok – so you buy one, sip it and think “my god – how sweet is this?” You don’t then have to go on buying the same thing.

Drac

The fact that they’re full of syrup is a big **** clue too.

vickypea
    Free Member

I always pick independent coffee shops over chains whenever I can. They usually make much better coffee in sensible sized cups!

bakey

“Five sugars in mine thanks, but don’t stir it, I don’t like it too sweet…”

Regular comment from a workmate a few years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Starbucks' venti Grape with Chai, Orange and Cinnamon Hot Mulled Fruit’ is closed to new replies.