Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stanton slackline vs switchback advice please
  • hose
    Free Member

So I’m after getting either the new slackline or switch back and any pointers would be much appreciated.

I’ve been riding an 853 tubed XC hardtail for a few years but now I want a bike that is just a bit more daft and fun.

I want to ride single track, trail, long rides over rough ground, hopefully do a trip to the Alps and plenty of riding when I head home to see family in Wales or around the south downs near to me.

Typically I want it to tick every box which I know it can’t!

What’s your thoughts? Has anyone got one of either so that they can give their opinion?

Many thanks in advance for any info!

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I’ve got a MK2 Slackline and I went for it because I wanted a fun and capable ‘enough’ winter hardtail (it’s a fun summer hardtail as well) .Where I live(Kent) and will be riding it mostly I couldn’t see any point in going for the heavier more burly/ descent orientated Switchback – if I lived somewhere chunkier maybe my decision would of been different or maybe not as I have a full susser for the bumpier stuff.

bigad40
    Free Member

New slackline looks ace!
    There’s Stanton owners group on Facebook.

hose
    Free Member

yeah with the 853 triple butted tubing along with the geometry it should be beautiful to ride!

Originally I was all made up on the Swtchback until I started reading up on the Slackine. Now I’m leaning more that way. I’m terrible whenever I buy something…. Always research, cross reference, and investigate every possible choice. I wish I just thought, oooh thats nice and shiny!!!

hose
    Free Member

Didn’t even think to look into a group on Facebook!

jontykint
    Free Member

Switchback owner since the release here,
    If you want an all rounder, the switchback is the choice.

Natural lakes – gives me a grin every week
    smooth trail centres – piece of piss
    ‘ard rock Enduro – lively !
    Solo strathpuffer24 – 17hours in the saddle
    9mile work commute – fire 50psi in

I’m saving up for a mk2 ti. It’s taking far too long.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Get the one that suits the majority of your riding best,either bike will do the job though.For me the more XC targetted one fitted the bill.
    Here’s mine:

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m a Stanton fan boy….currently on my fourth (although that is partly because my last one got knicked).

I think if the there was a Ti version of the new Slackline out when I bought my Mk II Switchback Ti, I’d gave bought that instead. The new Slackline is gorgeous; it looks like it’ll be a lovely springy bike to ride much like the original 853 Slackline with the skinny seat tube and head tube. The drop outs on the new one are lovely.

I can’t fault my Switchbacks though; I’ve had a Mk I steel, Mk I Ti (stolen) and now have a Mk II long. They’ve been used for general trail mincing as well as mucking about on DH runs and all day rides in Wales. I think the Skackline in its current format is more aimed at general riding with a bit more comfort.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stanton slackline vs switchback advice please’ is closed to new replies.