Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stans no tubes a few questions(mavic crossride rims)
  • postierich
    Free Member

1.Do I realy need to drill the valve hole seems to fit ok!
    2 Do I need to use the yellow sticky tape under the rim strip looks pointless?

Thanks Rich

singletrackfred

1. Yes
    2. Yes

It won’t seal otherwise.

cynic-al
    Free Member

1. If it fits I wouldn’t bother – on stans rims you only drill out the valve hole if using the rubber rim strip.
    2. Yes – the rim strip won’t seal by itself.

traildog
    Free Member

1. I guess you don’t have to if it fits, but I’m dubious if it actually fits. Are you sure that the tyre fits under the rim hook ok?

2. You need rim tape, it doesn’t have to be the yellow tape.

Look on the stans site, there is a video explaining it all. He actually recommends using normal rim tape first and then only if things don’t fit use the thinner yellow tape.

It all becomes clearer the first time you try and inflate the tyres and things aren’t right….

postierich
    Free Member

well tyre on and no leaks and checked in a tub of water cannot see why you would want the rim tape in when the valve tube fits so snugly!
    goes to watch the vid!

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I just use tape and valve with no rim strip.

traildog
    Free Member

If it’s all on and blown up then I don’t see any reason for worrying about it all. I’m still very new to tubeless though, so maybe someone can point out a flaw in this thinking?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stans no tubes a few questions(mavic crossride rims)’ is closed to new replies.