Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans Flow Rims & Yellow Tape
  • Moda
    Free Member

Anyone running the Flow rims with just the yellow tape /& valve with single ply kevlar 2.35 high rollers. Was told that there may be an issue with the beads being not as tight and so more likely to burp etc.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve run a variety of tyres on Flows with yellow tape, conventional wisdom is that you use yellow tape with UST tyres and Tubeless Ready and a Stan’s strip with converted, but… I’ve found that anything you can inflate with the yellow tape seems to stay pretty well anchored. The only time I’ve burped badly was with UST High Rollers basically through running too low a pressure and hitting a berm at an odd angle… I’d give it a go and see, if the bead’s really loose you may simply find them impossible to inflate in the first place.

Moda
    Free Member

Been using Stans rims nows for over 2 years but the Flows for just over 1 but i have purchased 2 sets in this time. Both came with rim strips as they warned me that the tyres might burp as i use only Non UST tyres to make the wheelset lighter. Think i will try one on the front and see what happens…

Anthony
    Free Member

Despite there being warnings against it, I am running bog standard Michelin tyres with just the yellow tape and never had an issue in just under a year.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is the setup I’ve been running for about 2 weeks.

TBH, the bead interlock on Stans rims is so secure once they’re inflated you have to combine a series of forces and strange terrain features to get them to burp IMO.

Most of my experience with Stans is with UST, but broadly, I’ve found the same as BWD. If you can infate it with relative ease it’ll likely be fine.

YOu definately need a rim strip with regular rims and regular tyres though!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Flow rims, yellow tape (wrapped twice) and Maxxis ADvantage exception 2.1 tyres with no issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans Flow Rims & Yellow Tape’ is closed to new replies.