Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM mechs seizing onto der hanger.
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Anyone else had trouble with mechs refusing to unscrew? This one is the second that’s stuck and been in 3 weeks

turbo1397
    Free Member

My Sram X0 rear mech has seized a couple of times at the pivot point.. just got some gt85 in about it and worked it loose.. seems to be quite common..

coatesy
    Free Member

We get quite a few high-end ones on brand new bikes that are very tight to remove when we check the hangers. Put a smear of copper grease on the threads if you’re concerned.

carlos
    Free Member

It’s not the very small (2.5mm) grub screw that you’ve forgot to undo is it? It’s about 4′ O clock as you look at the mech side on (on my x9 9spd anyway) I’ve forgotten this once and it was a right headache… Until the penny dropped??

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Grubscrew?

carlos
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    Grubscrew?

Ok it’s not at 4 O’clock in the pic, more like 3 O’clock. Just above the Low screw adjuster

I guess not all mechs have these on them?

https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/r-M7A8Gf1i9PeqNuhpOmfA60DnWwcGQS-Ys6rz5NnEs/mtime:1372788215/sites/default/files/images/products/derailleurs/2012-sram_x9_9-speed_rear_derailleur-no_desc-en_0.jpg

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ah this is a type 2 clutch. But in all my years of sramship I can never recall seeing that grubscrew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM mechs seizing onto der hanger.’ is closed to new replies.