Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Sram gripshift grips?
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

does anyone know who’s selling the short grips to match up to the sram XO/XX twistgrip setup please?
    im having trouble locating them, i see pics of them but can’t find anyone selling them
    Help! cheers

ruscle
    Free Member

Not sure on the specific ones to match, but you could get the ESI foam grips and cut to size. The grips are very comfy and stay put. They will also lighten up your setup, my full set of grips and bar plugs weighed 46g.

ESI racers edge silicone grips

Mal-ec
    Free Member

I’ve used Yeti ones for years, lock on’s, work great.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

cheers ruscle …. Mal-ec, which yeti grips are you talking about? ive googled em but cant find any short ones

paddy0091
    Free Member

Bontrager Race X Lite fit perfectly when cut.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Do people still use grip shift ❓

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

cheers paddy

anyone know why the new Sram ones are so hard to come by?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

stevewhyte, their the best open secret in Mtb’ing pal 😉

jamiew84
    Free Member

got a feeling ergon do them – if u like funny shaped grips

carlosg
    Free Member

I run a gripshift on my gravity bike, just cut a lock on down to fit!

Rickos
    Free Member

18Bikes sell the shorty Lizard Skin grips. They’ll also split a pack for you if you’re running 1×9/10 with Grip Shift or run Rohloff.

http://shop.18bikes.co.uk/

Worth giving them a call too.

IMAG0362 by Rick T., on Flickr

njee20
    Free Member

Bontrager Race X Lite fit perfectly when cut.

+1

colournoise

ODI Ruffian.

Got mine from CRC.

slainte 8) rob

pate
    Free Member

I’ve used these

Wally

ESI grips cut down 2/3rds – as mentioned previously – are perfect.
    Same diameter and no interface of metal between the grip and the shifter.
    Light, grippy, comfy and hard wearing. tip top.

schmiken

ESI Chunkys work perfectly with SRAM X0.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Lawmanmx – Member

stevewhyte, their the best open secret in Mtb’ing pal

Funny as i was on a bike with gripshit the other day and it was very poor, shifts were slow and nothing like as easy to change as rapid fire.

perthmtb
    Free Member

CRC do the Ergon grips in Gripshift length, and I use them on my hybrid/commuter bike. See here but ignore the picture because its of the standard one, they actually look like this.

schmiken

stevewhyte – was it X0 Gripshift or something else?

Wally

XO’s second hand are fab (I have had 3 pairs from here and all faultless)
    ESI chunky is prefect – why anyone would put something between the grip and shifter join is beyond me. This is where you will be shuffling around the most. I ride with 4/5ths of hand on the ESI chunkies and then do a tiny shuffle/tilt of hand to move any number of gears. The trim function of front mech is also a winner.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Love the ergonomic ones. Not cheap and not as light as foam but so comfey

Can’t wait for the 10 speed ones

sefton
    Free Member

they are the lizard ones http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/MTB++Parts/MTB+Accessories/Handlebar+Grips/Lizard+Skins+Moab+Single+Compound+Grips_1980.htm

I’ve chopped the grips on the Turner down even more – been running for years without issue

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

many thanks peeps, plenty to be going on with there, i do like the new XX/XO ones that ive seen online BUT i Can’t get hold of! … so i think im going to try them lizardskin shorties for size 🙂

motorman
    Free Member

I run the ergon grips with mine, really good combo imo

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ive tried the ergon’s (and still have them in shed somewhere) and i prefer round grips myself

stevewhyte
    Free Member

schmiken – Member

stevewhyte – was it X0 Gripshift or something else?

No it deffo was’nt the top line X0.

But then even bargin basement Deore rapid fire shifts great, you dont need the top spec XTR.

njee20
    Free Member

But X0 Grip Shift is cheaper than Deore RF, and lighter than XTR.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

But X0 Grip Shift is cheaper than Deore RF, and lighter than XTR.

No there not, Deore is half the price and you can get lighter trigger shifters.

But having not used the x0 then i might not be making a fair comparison, i still find it hard to see how they could be better, i just dont like the motion of the grip shift.

ratherbeintobago

anyone know why the new Sram ones are so hard to come by?

Do you mean these?:

Don’t think they’re out yet, and IIRC the grip comes with the shifter as it’s ‘keyed’ to help locate the whole shebang.

Andy

schmiken

But having not used the x0 then i might not be making a fair comparison, i still find it hard to see how they could be better, i just dont like the motion of the grip shift.

You can pick both up for around the same price if you shop around. The only lighter shifters are either XX, X0 or XTR, all of which are much more expensive.
    And X0 shifters are miles different from cheap and nasty catalogue bikes, they’re even miles better than X9. You should really try X0 gripshift before slagging off all gripshift as rubbish, I love mine to bits.

mattbee

I use ODI rogue on one bike and cut down Crank Bros lock ons on the other. One set of XO was preordered when they first came out along with the mech & both are still going strong, second set second hand. I have used tghem for donkeys years, find they are ‘clunkier’ than RF when newly set up, but they stay the same forever, whereas RF need cable maintenance, barrel adjuster ttweaking etc to retain slick shifting. The ability to ‘trim’ the front mech position is a bonus too; no cage rubbing.

njee20
    Free Member

Slight exaggeration I know, but as above they are vastly cheaper than equivalent quality triggers. And all the cheaper ones rubbish!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

all differences aside, ive gone to twistgrip because of hand injuries and to be honest i wished i had have done it sooner, it works way better and cleaner shifting than i thought it would and there’s the added bonus of the weight savings too (win win)
    and many thanks for all your input 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Deore shifters are hardly rubbish, they work prefectly on my bike.

Fair point, i have never tried X0.

njee20
    Free Member

Fair point, i have never tried X0.

Stw user in judging product he’s never used shock 🙄

I think Deore shifters are rubbish compared to XTR frankly, try them, you may agree 🙂

stevewhyte
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Stw user in judging product he’s never used shock

STW poster ignoring what other posts says shock!!!

I never mentioned X0, as i said i dont like the motion of gripshift.

If it was so good more people would use it, they dont.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

after seeing a few different grips in the flesh i decided on the ODI 90mm jobbies, fitted and happy with them up to now 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Sram gripshift grips?’ is closed to new replies.