Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Squeaky Helmet ………
  • gazzab1955

I bought a Bell 4Forty helmet earlier this year, lots of features at a good price and @Mark gave it a a big thumbs up in his review in issue 132. I really like it, however I do have one complaint, the MIPS cage makes a squeaky noise as I move my head around while riding, presumably it is rubbing against the main body of the helmet. I have tried making it a really tight fit, but that makes it uncomfortable. Anyone else had this problem with MIPS helmets? Or is it just my misshapen head?

zezaskar
    Free Member

I have a Bell Super DH with the MIPS Spherical system. The helmet used to squeak a lot, particularly with the chin piece installed or with a Gopro. After some months t started o fade away and now its mostly silent

singlespeedstu

Also had a Bell Super DH.
    Squeaked like a bastard with the chin bar on.
    I stopped using it it was so annoying.

coynie09
    Free Member

Iv’e a Bell 4Forty helmet (MIPS} never had a squeak had it a good 18 month….

bigfoot
    Free Member

when i got my fox speedframe pro i adjusted it to sit as low as possible on my head and it squeaked badly, moved the adjustment one hole and it was fine after that.
    has yours got a similar adjustment?

gazzab1955

@bigfoot, it has an adjustment to make the rear part of the cage go up and down, will try adjusting that and see how it goes. Thanks

gazzab1955

@bigfoot – many thanks, tried the micro adjustment at the back and that seems to have cured it. Don’t know why I hadn’t looked at this before, there was no “manual” in the box, so I really didn’t pay any attention to it. It’s a helmet, don’t you just put it on your head and ride? 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Squeaky Helmet ………’ is closed to new replies.