Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • spray on plaster
  • jedi

for grazes etc… had a mechanical today in a berm and binned it hard!
    i thought i’d try spray on plaster to seal the cuts etc. my god does it sting!!!!!!!! arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anyone tried it?

maybe mild concussion makes pain worserer

northshoreniall

Stings like a massively stingy thing that stings lots, reassuringly I tell patients not to worry because I wont feel a thing 😀

rs
    Free Member

I’ve only tried it once! 😯

Rubber_Buccaneer

Good stuff but it sure can sting when you spray it on. Hope you cleaned the wound up first or the muck will be sealed in for a few days.

jedi

yeah i use a nail brush. its clean

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Seems to work well, especially on elbows. Stings like a swarm of these 😛

stuey
    Free Member

You don’t see many of those these days – do you? < where’s sharki?>

I only keep spray on plaster around as a reminder not to buy it again.

z1ppy

Great stuff, used some after my last barb wired interface, I was expecting the TCP to sting (it didn’t), so slightly shocked by the spray on plaster afterwards. Sealed the cuts nicely though

jedi

i chilled and took photos instead

DSC03854 by ukbikeskills, on Flickr

mau00149
    Free Member

wife who is a pharmacist recomended using it on some very bad grazes / cuts. She had to peel me off the ceiling!!! Man did it sting but was effective in sealing the wound.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Stings a whole lot, I had thought it would be a better choice to carry on the trail than a mix of tatty plasters but reconsidered it after use! Does work however.

andytherocketeer

They used that to seal things up after having my chin sewn back on c/o an OTB on a sandy road. Didn’t feel a thing while the nurse did the sewing, but the spray-on plaster seemed to instantly reverse the local anaesthetic.

jedi

i feel like a burning bin bag now 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

i really enjoy applying it to the wounds of my guests. never used it meself but can tell from the reaction of the clients that it stings like buggery.

jedi

breaking my leg hurt less 🙂

scaredypants

🙄
    that stuff doesn’t work without beer primer

jedi

ah true but i’m trying to not have a beer every night………….hindsight is a great thing 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not tried spray on stuff, but have used the liquid stuff when I had my knee operation and wanted to go swimming, even on small cuts it stings like nothing else!

Does the job though.

bazwaldo
    Free Member

Never tried it but having read the above I quite fancy a go! Can’t be that bad.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohhh it can be, especialy if you use it on a fresh wound before its dried out and scabbed a bit……….

jedi

save you money and hold your arm over the gas hob for 2 mins

poly
    Free Member

I used it on some raw chaffed skin in a delicate region… seriously not advised.

jedi

lol 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Yep, mate took great delight in spraying it on my leaking forearm in the car park near peaslake, after 30 secs or so I’m hobbling around the carpark waving my arms around like a demented person as I realise the stinging is horrendous and he had a big grin on his face!

creamegg
    Free Member

I thought you meant this:

theotherjonv

clearly trolling. Because we all know Jedi doesn’t crash, he floats down carried by trail pixies who deposit him gently on the ground and then hand him a cold beer so he can contemplate what part of the universe temporarily malfunctioned to cause such an occurrence.

I was thinking of getting some of that stuff following a few ground / skin interfaces myself. I won’t bother. It’s fun scrubbing the muck out with a nail brush in the bath isn’t it. I try to get the wife to watch as she’s squeamish (‘it makes my arse knit buttons’ is her family’s historical phrase to describe toe-curling)

jedi

mechanical with new brakes, front claiper wasnt tight and shifted , locking front wheel in a berm! ooooooooooffffff
    swollen knee and sore head/neck for me again 🙂
    next time i get cuts i’m going to quartize it over the firepit at herts. it’d be less painfull 🙂

DaveRambo

My 11yr old daughter will be pleased to hear of your experiences.
    I bought some for a camping trip and when used she complained that it really, really, really stung.

I told her to MTFU (to paraphrase of course)

Normal spray on antiseptic doesn’t sting apparently but the spray on plaster does. Who’d have thought.

sharki
    Free Member

For cuts in the field i’ve been known to cover with a section of birch polypore cut into a plaster sized piece and placed over a clotted wound.

If poss, i use super glue to stick back the skin, but it’s very important to ensure the wound is free of dirt and debris.

On an open wound such as a graze, i’d throughly cleanse the area first, then smear with savlon or similar, then let it breath. If there’s risk from getting dirty in the next day or two, cover with gauze and a bandage, however on removal you may break the healing skin and delay healing.

Spray on plasters? Na, let you’re body deal with it like it can do..

As for Hornets…Still plenty around. The brood die off each year, so the queen needs to start again from scratch each spring.

She’ll chew off bits of wood and make a small nest with many cells, in which she’ll lay an egg in each of them. After around a week, they’ll hatch and the queen will now feed them insects for another couple of weeks until they seal themselves into their cell and transform into adults.
    These become workers and will undertake all the previous duties that the queen has been doing apart from egg laying(only the queen does that), so nest building and feeding of the immature(larvae) hornets. It’s at this time of year now that the brood will start to grow and by the late summer the colony will peak. This is when more can be seen.

HTH

stevomcd
    Free Member

It works well, but I honestly think it would sting less if you held a match in front of the nozzle as you sprayed it on…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘spray on plaster’ is closed to new replies.