Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spot CX forks
  • zilog6128

Still trying to decide which carbon forks to get! These are the latest to make the shortlist. Anybody got them? I phoned Sideways Cycles to ask them some questions but the lazy sods are closed on Wednesday 😉

I was trying to find out their weight, and whether the crown is drilled to fit a mudguard (can’t find any hi-res pics so can’t tell!). Also would like to know whether you can fit a caliper straight on if you are using 160mm discs (since the forks are post mount) as that would save getting an adapter and also a bit of weight.

zilog6128

anyone?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I was looking at that the other day. Its got an alloy steerer so I’d guess aroung the 600g mark, comparing it with others. Carbon steerers seem to knock the weight down to sub-500g

Given its got mudguard eyes at the dropouts, you’d assume the crown is drilled…

And I’d assume the brake mounts will take a post-mount calliper for a 160mm disc straight.

SidewaysTim

All moot points at present as they’re out of stock and Spot are re-designing the fork too. No idea what the new one will be like 🙁

zilog6128

Thanks guys, guess that one’s off the list then!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

If it helps, Im trying to find out if the Pinnacle Arkose forks are available to buy seperatly. I’ll let you know if I hear anything.

And my backup plan is these:

http://shop4cross.com/komponenten/gabeln/gabel-s4c-disc-eylets.html

ir_bandito
    Free Member

zilog – ygm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spot CX forks’ is closed to new replies.