Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • sportsdirect.com – livid beyond rantiness
  • iDave
    Free Member

Placed an order before 2 on Monday and paid the extra for next day delivery. the next day got the dispatch email, but no boots. DHL website unable to show delivery status so spoke to DHL, they said they haven’t had the package off sportsdirect yet. Just been on hold for 45 **** minutes, was number one in the queue and the tossers cut me off.

Jamie
    Free Member

They are a complete shower of shite. Would never use them, or pay the extra and use someone else.

Strangely FieldandTrek are the the same company, but have been fine when I have used them.

carbon337
    Free Member

and they are owned by mike ashley – wouldnt pee on him if he was on fire.

sam42
    Free Member

and their ads are irritating beyond belief

higgo
    Free Member

Mike Ashley is a clown.
    You are buying shoes off a clown.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Mike Ashley is a clown.
    You are buying shoes off a clown

😆

Pook

big shoes.

MS
    Free Member

Gonna throw a spanner in the works here. Bought from them a few weeks back. Cant fault them at all. Very quick despatch and delivery!

organic355
    Free Member

me too, bought a badminton racket from them a few months ago, reduced from £140 to £40, admittedly the £140 was probably last years RRP, but it still was a bargain.

I did pay for next day delivery but ordered lunchtime-ish, didnt get it the next day but the day after. Still pretty happy.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

They’re in Newcastle aren’t they? Isn’t Newcastle under 6 feet of snow? They might be struggling a little

the-muffin-man

Never had a problem myself – even ordered something on 22nd Dec last year and it arrived before Xmas.

Jason
    Free Member

I tried to buy a pair of football boots off them for my son. The first pair of boots they sent was an adult size 12 – despite the website saying child size 12, the 2nd set turned up with no studs and the remains of one of the studs stuck into the threaded hole. To be fair they were cheap, but rubbish both times! Would not use there online store again.

DezB
    Free Member

Football boots for kids? Ebay

HTH

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I have never had a problem with any of their stuff or deliveries. Use them a fair bit.

nuke

Bought a pair of shoes off them and they turned up very quickly with a huge free SportsDirect mug.

Jamie
    Free Member

with a huge free SportsDirect mug

That would be Mike Ashley then?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got some stuff off them a while ago, all went well.

jp-t853

You really find out how good a company is when you have a problem.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Anyone buying things online expecting next day delivery has the wool over their eyes, or perhaps hasn’t opened their curtain or been outdoors for a few days.

Granted, they should be on the ball and remove this option from their site, but be realistic. I know it’s a consumer-driven world these days where we want everything right away, to pay bottom dollar and still receive flawless service.

wwaswas

If they have a UK call centre one assumes there may be some weather related staff shortages?

toby1

I think it’s funny they thank their customers by sending them a big mug – it’s not subtle but it is funny!

In fairness though, how many staff are off at the moment because of the snow, particularly poorly paid staff with warehouse jobs?

trailmonkey

I deal with a warehouse in Newcastle. Deliveries were suspended on Monday but are up and running now.
    They can’t deliver if DHL aren’t collecting from them, however if you’ve paid for NDD then you should get a refund for the service that you’re actually getting. That’s what we’d do and you’d get a call/email from us to let you know what was happening too.

billybob
    Free Member

I thought they only sold Chav-Chic clothes

iDave
    Free Member

another 30 mins on hold. they’ve refunded the delivery charge. claim that it’s with DHL but nothing left DHL Sheffield for 3 days, and nothing has left sportsdirect for 2 days. so it’s the fault of a collective of delicate workshy northerners.

white101

Sheffield is very bad at present for the white stuff, the A1/M1 round most of Yorkshire has been awful.

As a Northerner, I might be a bit upset about your (tongue in cheek) remark, but as I’ve been sat at home all week dodging work I can’t 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Erm has the weather not had an effect?

iDave
    Free Member

the weather shouldn’t have prevented communication with the customer unless email has to walk these days…

m4dmatt
    Free Member

the weather might prevent communication if the emails/communications are sent by people who are not at work due to the weather…

cp

Sheffield is under a couple of feet in places. We’ve had hardly any deliveries at work the last 3 days. Our staffing level has been at about 15% of normal. A FULL UPS van got stuck outside our factory at 2.30 in the afternoon yesterday – so he hadn’t managed to make many deliveries at all.

Apply some of that to Sportsdirect, or any other company in a snow affected area, and unfortunately you’re going to get delayed deliveries and a lack of response from customer service… or anyone in the company. Particularly as many people are probably in a similar position chasing things up… increase the calls, reduction in staff… what’s going to happen?

See, once you did get through, they refunded the delivery charge. Like a good company should.

FWIW, I’ve had a couple of things from them, one direct from them via their website, the other through their amazon marketplace thing and they’ve been spot on.

donsimon
    Free Member

Placed an order before 2 on Monday and paid the extra for next day delivery. the next day got the dispatch email, but no boots. DHL website unable to show delivery status so spoke to DHL, they said they haven’t had the package off sportsdirect yet. Just been on hold for 45 **** minutes, was number one in the queue and the tossers cut me off.

Clearly you’re first mistake was to go off and do something on your own without asking here first. 🙄 Let that be a lesson to you. 😉

deep_river
    Free Member

Sure its not DHL, they are a shower of sh**te also. Had a very bad experience with them, including missed deliveries, missed collections, and lost packages!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘sportsdirect.com – livid beyond rantiness’ is closed to new replies.