Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Charity ride – Sponsorship required please.
  • danrandon
    Free Member

Hi Guys, I’m doing a 20 mile cross country ride in aid of Ronald McDonald House Charity, a charity that allows parents to stay near their child when in hospital. I have used their services personally when my daughter had major brain surgery when she was 4.

To find out more about the services and support they offer please visit http://www.rmhc.org.uk

If you can afford just £1 of sponsorship towards my goal of £500 it would be much appreciated, if you can’t I understand fully but please tell your friends/relatives.

The just giving page address is http://www.justgiving.com/Daniel-Randon1

alternatively you can donate by text message by sending the code DGUD60 with either £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 in the message body to 70070

Thank you in advance

Dan

danrandon
    Free Member

crafty bump for the post lunchtime surfers

IHN

Great cause, I’ve texted you a tenner.

Brutally though, 20 miles is not, like, particularly far…

danrandon
    Free Member

@IHN thank you very much for the donation, Its a fair old distance for me at the moment as i have a recurring Achilles tendon problem and will be looking at knee surgry in the next 6-8 months to replace the cartilage.

At the end of the day though its for a great cause that means a lot to me personally and its great to see that others like yourself think the same.

I’ll see if i can do two laps just for you mate 😉

IHN

Fair enough.

If you do I’ll double it 🙂

danrandon
    Free Member

Thanks to IHN the ball is rolling although slowly, this cheeky little bump may just gain a little more interest.

please support this wonderful charity.

pretty please.

njee20
    Free Member

Have you not asked any of your friends/family/colleagues?! Surely they’re more likely to donate than randoms on the internet.

Afraid I do agree with IHN on the “sponsoring you to do something you want to do anyway”. Sorry. They seem a great cause, so good luck.

danrandon
    Free Member

Njee20, friends and family have sponsored me a a paper based form that i have, but for charity you can’t be too cheeky 😉

I understand your point on the sponsoring to do something i do anyway, but at the end of the day charity is charity. I’m no Davina or David Walliams but my heart is in the same place as theirs when it comes to kid.

Thank you for your feedback.

jekkyl

20 miles?! what are you doing for the rest of the morning?

danrandon
    Free Member

jekkyl as i said earlier: Its a fair old distance for me at the moment as i have a recurring Achilles tendon problem and will be looking at knee surgry in the next 6-8 months to replace the cartilage.

but hey ho i’m also supporting other riders at my own cost with any problems they may have with their bikes.

natrix
    Free Member

Donation made, good luck with the ride 😀

danrandon
    Free Member

As a thought and in response to some comments, LOTS of people play charity golf days, how is that any different from what i’m doing?

danrandon
    Free Member

Thanks Natrix.

danrandon
    Free Member

A quick thanks also goes out to STW Lurker

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Charity ride – Sponsorship required please.’ is closed to new replies.