• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by oink1.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Speeders of W Yorks!
  • ratherbeintobago

How do the local constabulary send out notices of prosecution? Parcelforce or not?

(Think I may have been done last Sun going though a camera slightly faster than optimal)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice.

And you have a “P” in front of your name too.

Was it down a country lane, a busy cut through shortcut?

martinhutch

Parcelforce? Are you expecting it in a gift box with chocolate truffles?

Standard mail I expect, not that I’d know anything about that.

rogermoore

A “friend” says from experience it is standard mail.
    RM.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve also ‘heard’ It’s RM. 😥

MartynS

Standard 1st class.
    They have 14 days to serve an S172 request for the drivers details. In the first instance this will go to the registered keeper.
    Is the car registered to you (V5 in your name?) if it is, and you’ve not moved recently/changed address if it arrives after 14 days there is a defence.

So you’ve got until next Sunday to sweat….

blader1611
    Free Member

Yep wife was caught by camera doing 36 in a 30 zone and letter arrived within 10 days via normal post. Took speed awareness course in Wakefield and it transpires the rozzers gripped the whole line of traffic she was in.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Took speed awareness course in Wakefield and it transpires the rozzers gripped the whole line of traffic she was in.

The wife got pulled over by a police car behind her (I was the designated drunk that night). They blocked the road and did the 6 cars following them too. Must have been a record.

ratherbeintobago

Country lane at the back of Honley since you ask.

Parcelforce thing turned out to be very early Christmas presents for the girls.

Will carry on sweating until the 5th then. Wife got done about five years going down through Stubbins into Rammy…

mt
    Free Member

Bradshaw Lane by any chance?

ratherbeintobago

Bradshaw Lane by any chance?

New Mill Road, I think.

cozz
    Free Member

i’ve heard its 14 days to get a NIP (notice of intended prosecution) through the post if pinged on camera

what about if you were actually pulled

I was stopped just over a month ago, and got given a ticket by the policeman, but no further correspondence through, so have I been lucky this time?

stevedoc
    Free Member

In the mail with in 4 days .. boom £90 classroom morning with free coffee , custard creams and a shitty pen that died after 2 days ..and all that for 34mph , ironically id just dropped the bike off at LBS for new brakes 🙁

MartynS

I was stopped just over a month ago, and got given a ticket by the policeman, but no further correspondence through, so have I been lucky this time?

Oh dear……

You were actually handed a ticket……
    I reckon the next thing you’ll see is a court summons. They’ve got up to 6 months. You’ve lost the right to a speed awareness course now. You will almost certainly end up with at least 3 points and a couple of hundred pound fine.

mintimperial

New Mill Road

Ah, that’s my drive to work. Three cameras on there between Honley and New Mill (and one going the other way).

Girl in my year at school nearly died on the zebra just past where the first GATSO is now, when someone was going a bit too fast and didn’t stop in time. Had to do her GCSEs a year late I think.

There’s a ghost bike by the last GATSO where a nice old chap called John Radford was killed by an impatient ex-squaddie.

oink1
    Free Member

stevedoc – Member
    £90 classroom morning with free coffee , custard creams and a shitty pen

Been there, done that. Also for about 5mph over the 30. Most expensive coffee ever circa.£40 a cup 😯

Sundayjumper

Last speed awareness course I did (my second…) was actually quite good and much better than taking the points IMO.

globalti
    Free Member

You mean some speed cameras are still actually in use?

cozz
    Free Member

Thanks Timba

Must have been one of those, copper said Id prob get a letter for a course,but went on one a while back, he said if it was over 2 years i’d go again, if under i’d get the points

cant remember when it was, so will have to wait and see, so they have at least 60 days to send a letter, longer if they want

stevedoc
    Free Member

@Oink1 2 and 1/4 cups right??

oink1
    Free Member

stevedoc – Member

@Oink1
    2 and 1/4 cups right??

Mine was only £80 iirc so £40 a cup! 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Speeders of W Yorks!’ is closed to new replies.