Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • specialized pitch
  • jakeclyro
    Free Member

Hi guys

I've been keeping tabs on the specialized pitch comp and pro recently as I am looking to change my bike.

I am looking to get a full sus all mountain bike. I have been doing XC mostly over the last 3 years but have recently bee doing a bit more trails, singletrack and and DH style stuff.

Firslty Is the pitch a decent choice for my first venture into the full sus world with a limited budget?

secondly, they seem hard to come by, is this cos they are v popular?

cheers

bomberman
    Free Member

yes and yes

BoardinBob

They had fantastic reviews and as such there are no 09 Pro models left. No idea when the 2010 model is released but going on what I've read it's unchanged from 2009.

robgarrioch

A little bit of info on 2010 model within an earlier thread –
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2010-specialized-pitch-pro

Pitch pro was my first foray into full sus – probably overkill for a middle aged, low mtb experience bloke but I've enjoyed every minute. Climbs ok for what it is, & the extra confidence heading downwards is huge (think it's mainly the chopper-like rake). I don't / won't do big jumps etc., but it seems to handle all that no problem from other users on the forum. Can feel a little heavy on the uphills if your legs are tired. Fit & finish are fine as far as I can tell.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Pitch is a great bike for the money, if you can find one go for it

bassspine
    Free Member

IF you can find one. Specialized are bringing in 3500 bikes (from the whole 2010 range) early for the whole of the UK… good luck!!

Source: Email from spez posted on local bike shop wall

taka
    Free Member

got mine 😉

tails
    Free Member

theres a couple on ebay at the mo one frame one bike

grumm
    Free Member

Great bike, fine for XC (a little on the heavy side but I have done big Lakes rides like Helvellyn on it no problem) and DH messing about – amazing value.

If you can find one go for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘specialized pitch’ is closed to new replies.