Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • special constable?????
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Well thats me lost for another 2 years is i have a simple caution from when i stood up for myself in a attempted assault on me, 3 of them against my word and as i was “the big lad” they took their side, ahh well :/

mrchrispy

be aware hora that the training with is pretty disruptive, it’s doable but the clincher for me was the 7 days holiday I needed to take for the PP training at hough end. just couldn’t spare the holiday time so it was a none starter 🙁

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yeh your not wrong Mrchrispy. At the moment your looking at giving up at least one day a weekend for the best part or 4 months, One or two evenings mid week and the hard one as Chrispy said is the Officer Safety Training which is 7 full days training. I had to basically take the 7 days off work (mon-Fri and the following mon-tues). That said the OST is by far the most fun your going to have in training and its a great experience.

Its a fair commitment but as soon as your though the training then your fully in control of what and when you work.

Oh and Hora…. There’s lots of women in the police 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Specials have previous for taking advantage of drunken women

and regular members of the Police have been bad apples as well.

considering your reputation?

Internet/forum joking aside- My reputation in person is one about relaxing/having as much and a laugh as possible on a bike. In addition I’ve never shied away from ‘getting involved’/would never walk on by someone in trouble. However I can proudly say the last time I hit someone was when I was 18. :mrgreen:

GMP Recruitment

Have you seen how often these pop up??!

Oh and Hora…. There’s lots of women in the police

22yrs with the same woman 8)

IanMunro
    Free Member

What your knowledge of access laws like Hora?
    For instance with the right to roam act, could you tell someone where to roam if they didn’t know?

RustySpanner

hora – Member

Specials have previous for taking advantage of drunken women

and regular members of the Police have been bad apples as well.

See Marie Lloyd v Metropolitan Police, 1911.
    A tragic case.

hora
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner I remember the footage of a Special in Bolton not so long ago on a Sat night who repeatedly punched a reveller when they were on the floor. He did Porridge.

Kato

In the Met they have SC crowns on their epaulettes, and their name badge will have ‘msc’ on it, the rest of the uniform is exactly the same, other forces don’t make any distinction When dealing with the public, I identify myself as a police officer, not as a special

…and 4 digit shoulder numbers beginning with “5”, reg Met PC’s have 3 digit numbers unless they Westminster

We have some good ones. Really keen to learn and come out with team on a regular basis. These ones get all they help they want from the regs and I’ll happily go out the with them. However, IME the vast majority of SPecials I have dealings with are either pissed on the uniform or just there for the free travel. These are the ones that are completely out of their depth and it shows

hora
    Free Member

These are the ones that are completely out of their depth and it shows

On a slightly different tangent- Its a huge responsibility isn’t it. To step into the uniform. I wonder if I could, I’d be very nervous I bet.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The recruitment drive is ongoing Hora. Currently they have a new intake start approx every 2 – 3 months. The application process takes approx 4 months to get through as well so realistically they’ll prob put out another drive next month which will start training in March 2013 and attest roughly July / August time.

I had the recruitment page set as my home screen so checked it prob twice a day, every day. Just keep an eye out and then when it goes live you need to register an interest and attend an open evening.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

It is a massive responsibility but to be honest by the time you get on the streets you’ve spent so much time training with the police and colleagues that you feel very much part of the family.
    As Kato said if your keen and want to learn they will help you. I’ve not come across one copper yet who has not been helpful and appreciative.

hora
    Free Member

Ok I’ll up the checking (I usually check once 1-2 weeks) probably why I wasn’t getting any hits!

Oh and rusty’ everyone on my cul de sac gives me a Christmas card every year so I can’t be all that bad in person 😀

RustySpanner

I reckon you’d be a credit to the uniform, tbh. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Do the pants come in size 44 waist? 😐

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Lol snap but i like mine baggy so a 46″ cnt believe they cnt even let me voulenteer with a simple caution : (

hora
    Free Member

On a serious note- because of a caution, are you serious?!?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A caution seems the easy option at the time, but echoes on down the years.

MSP

Anyone not realising aracer was making a little sarcastic joke about being given wrong directions by a special on the last page, really really should not be put in a position of authority to deal with the public.

Kato

bigphilblackpool – Member

Lol snap but i like mine baggy so a 46″ cnt believe they cnt even let me voulenteer with a simple caution : (

Yeah, but a caution for what? You’ve got zero chance of getting into the job, even as a special, if you’ve any convictions for violence or dishonesty

……I await the smart remarks off the back of that! 😆

RustySpanner

MSP, don’t spoil it just yet – my favourite thread of the year so far…. 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

The only issue I have with (some) specials is that the 3 I’ve met have been the sort of self-aggrandising asshats you wouldn’t want in the police (strangely unlike almost all the police I’ve met in person). (All specials met in social situations, all police met in official situations, for transparency). I’m sure this isn’t the case with all of them, but in the standard STW way I thought I’d throw in controversial point for discussion 🙂

theotherjonv

MSP, don’t spoil it just yet – my favourite thread of the year so far….

+1

Trampus
    Free Member

This has to be a contender for thread of the year! 🙂

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Yes a simple caution, long n short all that, blackpools small, i was head doorman at the towns busiest club so as u guess u make some enimies, wont take u on mano el mano or when your on the door they wait till u finish and 3 of them try it on, id thrown out a drugged up lad who had broke his gfs nose, i didnt hit him nor did i treat him like shit, i walked him out in a standard way and as normal, “il kill you you steroid dick etc” “u dnt know who i am” usually its the mouths that dont return, its the quiet ones with a certain look. That plan what their going to do to u. Anyway, i got jumped and assaulted granted i walked away with some teeth missing and a split lip, they must have crawled home, 2 months later at my day job two large coppers enter my work and “wed just like a chat” speech in the van etc and i called a duty soliciter, he advised me to just plead self defence, at this point i realised stupidly the first atacker i headbutted and broke his nose, with this in mind and the thought of cctv etc i got advised to come clean, in the end there was no clear cctv and it was a simple their words against mine, and as i was the big bad bouncer i took the flack, so now again its come back to haunt me, one good thing is the person who give me the caution said one of the lads names aloud as i walked out : ) i said pardon and he just smiled and said keep your nose clean and dont let us see you again.

So i lost my doorbadge which ment i lost my “spends” money, i lost my clean record and my teeth that night, but the nice lady on the phone told me to wait till its cleared and i can apply, id of thought me voulenteering and wanting to do good would be a positive???

aracer
    Free Member

You should have written down the address, aracer: all your fault, you could have been out all night.

The trouble is, the van was going to our new house. I didn’t even know which borough that was in, let alone the address. I did end up feeling a bit weak because I hadn’t had anything to eat – I got so hungry I was almost tempted to eat birdseed.

RustySpanner

And you, a poor woman alone in Laaaaahndon Town.

scaredypants

When I’m worried about losing a van, or having to eat birdseed, I phone up the police and tell them exactly what’s going on. That way I can call back if things go wrong and they can remind me (they record all calls anyway so it’s not like they have to write stuff down – a lot of them can’t anyway, I believe)

RustySpanner

‘Phone, you say?

Not for the likes of us young man. Can’t even afford the rent.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

But if you’re so broke, who paid for the van?

binners

hora – Member

On a slightly different tangent- Its a huge responsibility isn’t it. To step into the uniform. I wonder if I could, I’d be very nervous I bet.

I’d have thought you’d be used to it by now…..

😆

RustySpanner

S.o.g, wasn’t really MY van.
    I was merely a hanger on, so to speak.
    Didn’t hang on hard enough, obviously.

You’d have to ask aracer about his particular experience – I think strong drink may have been involved, tbh.

hora
    Free Member

Iron Bru?

RustySpanner

Nah, ‘Two out’ I believe.
    And a chat.
    ‘Cos it’s little things like that what does you good.

Or so I’ve heard.

alex222
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ld5LDjigsI[/video]

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘special constable?????’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM