Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Spare The Road – anti-cyclist ranting
  • GrahamS

Oh dear… 👿

Let’s get cyclists off the roads and cars will drive safer and get better gas mileage. We can do it. Safer roads for all.

The tack problem has hit the Tour de France as well… You can read about it on several sites.

Again, I don’t condone this behavior, but it is becoming clear that in many countries, including this one, people are getting fed up with cyclists. We already saw it in New York last week. It’s tough times in this country, and in others. When people are working 2 and 3 jobs just to pay the bills they don’t have the patience or time to sit behind some douche bag driving 30 or 40 MPH under the speed limit.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago cyclists were unsuccessful in getting the “3 foot rule” passed in my home state of GA. Well, it did end up passing after all.
    All this law does is give cyclists a new way to cause trouble on the roadways. All one of these ***** has to do is slow down or drift over a few feet in his lane while being passed, and suddenly we have a driver in violation of the law. The most extreme cyclists have been known to purposefully cause incidents and wrecks with cyclists, even at their own risk of injury, just to further their cause. Kamikazes, they are known as. This law makes it even easier for them to accomplish that.

cyclists want to make it a law that all cycling accidents must be investigated by police.
    … Imagine, someone has broken into your house, they have a gun and they are threatening to rape your wife, murder your children and rob you of everything you own. You attempt to call the police but are horrified to learn that all officers are currently out investigating cycling accidents.

Loath to give this numpty any publicity, but we should be aware of what we are up against. Know your enemy and all that.

http://sparetheroad.com

grievoustim
    Free Member

It’s a parody. Apologies if you knew that already and I’m missing something

toppers3933
    Free Member

i had long suspected that we are the embodiment of all that is wrong with the world. 🙄

Lifer
    Free Member

grievoustim – Member

I hope so!

Myth#1: Cyclists want to share the road.
    Fact: Cyclists want to inconvenience drivers for the glory of their own egos.
    Most cyclists are sad and lonely people who have failed at life. Their careers (if you can call bagging groceries a career) are going nowhere, their families are ashamed of them, and other than getting together with other pathetic losers to ride bikes, they have no personal life to speak of.
    So what is a sad, pathetic loner to do? Well besides offing themselves, they like to dress up in skin tight spandex and ride bikes around town tying up traffic. Keeping people in cars from getting where they need to go boost their self-esteem much like the schoolyard bully does by hassling other kids for their lunch money. This feeling of importance, this rush of knowing they are forcing the world to revolve around them, it is the only thing that keeps most of these people from swallowing the barrel of a revolver.
    Cyclists have no desire to share the road with motorists in some sort of utopia vehicular society where man powered and gas powered transportation devices live in peace and harmony. Quite the opposite actually. Their goal is to create an environment of stress and confusion on the roadways to boost their frail and pitiful egos.

GrahamS

Sadly I’m not sure it is. 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

if it is a parody, it’s not a very good one.
    and even if it is a parody, it’s still spreading the same bile as if it was reality.
    anyway, the guy doesn’t seem to get a lot of support, or even criticism.

camo16
    Free Member

we should be aware of what we are up against. Know your enemy and all that.

Is this guy a policy-maker or an influential governmental lobbyist?

If not, it’s just another Internet looney, there’s no need to stress, surely…

GrahamS

anyway, the guy doesn’t seem to get a lot of support, or even criticism.

He seems to be raising his game at the moment though. Suddenly become a lot more active on twitter (I found him through his tweets to Carlton Reid).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If not, it’s just another Internet looney, there’s no need to stress, surely…

He must post in here then – is it [name removed] or [name removed]

jota180
    Free Member

That all looks like quotes from the US in the OP

Cougar

Odd one, that. There’s bits that scream parody…

You can take any random group or subset of people in this country and you’d be hard pressed to find one as sad and lonely as cyclists. That includes Goth kids, people who attend Star Trek conventions and gingers.

… is vaguely amusing, for instance. But big chunks of it are, well, just not very good I suppose. It’s not particularly funny, and if the intent is to satirise the haterz then, well, it’s more like a copycat than parody.

GrahamS

Yeah I really don’t think it is a parody.

He does use the odd bit of humour and colourful language, but if it was a parody he’d be self-satirising – which he isn’t.

“Giant troll” might be a better description – though scarily he does seem to be entirely serious (urging people to write to their local politicians etc).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

With a Frylike following of 22 he’s really going to whip up a frenzy!

GrahamS

Here’s a story from Canada that validates what I have been saying for years, cyclists often purposefully crash into cars.

This isn’t a rare occurrence; cyclists often create “accidents” for any number of reasons. Some do it simply to ruin the life of another human being, dragging an honest, tax-paying man or woman through the mud costing them their reputations, not to mention thousands in legal fees. Others want to use these “accidents” to further the cyclist agenda, to garner more support for the changes to traffic laws they lobby so hard for. Laws that give them preferential treatment over people with actual destinations of merit, and who use motorized vehicles to get there in a proficient and productive manner. And still others do it just for the attention, which is the main reason most cyclists ride bikes on the road to begin with.

😯

brakes
    Free Member

now that IS funny

samuri
    Free Member

That was very good. Now *that’s* parody.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And still others do it just for the attention, which is the main reason most cyclists ride bikes on the road to begin with.

Yep, cyclists undoubtedly wallow in all the attention they receive. How else can you explain : “Look at me everyone, I’m wearing hi-viz clothing. And I’ve got flashing lights on my bike” ?

mefty
    Free Member

Suddenly become a lot more active on twitter

Next he will be unfriending people – from there it is only a small step to purchasing a Kalashnikov.

DezB
    Free Member

One stupid nutter typing stuff in his bedroom. Ignore it and it will go away.

samuri
    Free Member

You’ve just described singletrack. 😉

Cougar

Don’t be daft.

He said “one”.

Gorehound
    Free Member

This sounds like a bloke I work with. He thinks car drivers should be allowed to run cyclists off the road when the get in the way because they don’t pay road tax and therefore should have no right to use the roads.

Cougar

they don’t pay road tax

Nor does he. Road tax was abolished in 1927.

GrahamS

He thinks car drivers should be allowed to run cyclists off the road when the get in the way because they don’t pay road tax and therefore should have no right to use the roads.

Does he think Band A cars should be run off the road too (since they don’t pay “road tax” either)?

What about ambulances and police cars? (“road tax” exempt)

What car does he drive? Should drivers of higher band cars and HGVs be allowed to run him off the road?

Gorehound
    Free Member

The same bloke thinks anyone who doesn’t support Newcastle united is scum. he’s got to be the weirdest bloke I’ve ever met, he’s a gas safe registered heating engineer and he works in a factory making kitchens (IMO he’s scared to go it alone or get a job as a gas fitter because he wouldn’t last 30 seconds. The same guy thinks anything less than “3c is freezing cold.

He’s certainly one very strange boy.

GrahamS

Just stumbled onto SpareTheRoad again. He’s still going strong. His current tactic seems to be to search for any tweet with “annoying” and “cyclists” in it then comment on it.

Some of the tweets he turns up from other people are quite scary:

@Rubellllll: almost ran over a cyclist on my way to work, annoying bastards, if you’re not gonna pay road tax then get the f#@k off the road.

@MissNicoleMac: Cyclists who ride side by side are just asking for me to give them a cheeky nudge #cyclist #onyourbike

@Mathew_S_E: Is cyclist tipping more fun than cow tipping? #probably

@j2thejoseph: Had 2change lanes 2day as a cyclist was using a full lane.I shouted “And he’s not even wearing a helmet!” My 4y says “or training wheels!”

@_MelissaGilbert: Hahhahaha nearly hit a cyclist on the road, awkward

rudebwoy
    Free Member

these casual almost throwaway remarks are top gear speak, clarkson would be proud—until the law is changed to treat driving as a serious activity , and transgression of such met with real sanctions then these eejits will continue to do as they see fit– the swiss seem to have a fairly robust attitude to people who break rules — instant imprisonment for a number of seemingly trivial things over here.

Bazz

Things like this used to really get me stressed and pissed off, but lets be honest the days of the motor vehicle are numbered, even if the oil doesn’t run out, with the world economy the way it is some of these idiots are going to get priced off of the road in our lifetimes, and i for one am going to laugh very loudly in the faces of the fat useless puffing **** when they are forced onto bicycles. 😈

GrahamS

i for one am going to laugh very loudly in the faces of the fat useless puffing **** when they are forced onto bicycles

A day that our future civilisation will forever remember as
    “The Day of a Million Heart Attacks” 😆

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Spare The Road – anti-cyclist ranting’ is closed to new replies.