Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • south Downs Way in a day
  • Karinofnine

i didn't manage all of it 🙁 did from Winchester to Lewes. I had to bail partly because I would have missed the last train back and partly because I was tired and feeling dizzy. I'm pleased though, it's further than I got last time, so I am improving. Thanks to Lisa and Jim and Tom for good company along the way. Enjoy your pint!

cinnamon_girl

Hey Karin – well done you! That must have been so tough with the ridiculously high temperature today. You couldn't have had many miles left though?

Hope you're not feeling too beat up and enjoying a well-earned beverage. 🙂

singletrackmind

I binned my attempt today after the met office issued a high heat warning for southern england ,plus my driveline is borked , needing repacement .

Well done on getting to Lewes, isnt that 3/4 of the way? If not more..

qwerty
    Free Member

how was your bum ❓

Karinofnine

Bum ok, despite a not-quite-gone-yet saddle sore. Lots of Germolene cream! My hands hurt at the end and I took some painkillers on the train to help with the ride home from the station. I felt pretty good the next day too, just slightly stiff but no headache. I'm going to try again soon.

Singletrackmind – yes, I think 3/4 of the way.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Nice work Karin. That's a really good attempt! Plus, if you did better than last time, that's the main thing, eh? I'm sure if you try again with lower temps you'll do even better… I'm rubbish in the heat! (Not that I'm very good anyway of course!) Well done again. MM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘south Downs Way in a day’ is closed to new replies.