Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Sold my car to two guys and now I feel nervous!
  • hora
    Free Member

I’ve view cars before where someones replied ‘I don’t know mate I’m not a mechanic’.

I’m out of this thread.

SaxonRider

I’d move.

maccruiskeen

I’m out of this thread.

Phew! I’m a lot bigger than Hora and I was starting to get worried in case I’ve inadvertently sold him something once. I’ll just hide here for a while, bit scared to venture onto the rest of the forum.

skink2020

My brother in law is from Zambia, and all he seems to do is buy people carriers and 4×4.s and stickin them in containers back to the old country.
    I’d not worry in the slightest.

hora
    Free Member

Anyones bigger than me seeing as I’m only 5ft5 😆

duckman

BTW, just out of interest – where did they think would be a good place to store a gun ?

POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Roof mounted Ernie; van chassis means more accurate targeting of rebels unwilling to accept the fair and just rule of President-for-life. I wonder if the op will find himself fighting extradition to the US?

hora
    Free Member

Caught in a sting of course not selling missile batteries to the Kenyans?

bellerophon
    Free Member

They bought the car just for the battery, well I never.

totalshell

tonite me and my mate winston bought a touran the white guy seller was definatley dodgy very nervous me and winston was a bit threatened by his attitude tbh he had mountain biker written all over him and a dodgy ‘i ve been to glentress ‘ sticker in the back window. most menacingly he had a pair of bombers under the drivers seat and a hand book on building your own wood burner stove. will he be coming looking for us or are we safe..

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

tonite me and my mate winston bought a touran the white guy seller was definatley dodgy very nervous me and winston was a bit threatened by his attitude tbh he had mountain biker written all over him and a dodgy ‘i ve been to glentress ‘ sticker in the back window. most menacingly he had a pair of bombers under the drivers seat and a hand book on building your own wood burner stove. will he be coming looking for us or are we safe..

okay very funny…it really was !

thought you said it was an eastbourne sticker ?

skywalker
    Free Member

Brighton sticker more like

nick1962
    Free Member

A guy from my old town was selling a Renault 5 GTI turbo years ago.Two teenagers turned up at his house to buy it.They seemed nervous and he got scared and thought they were going to turn him over so wouldn’t take them on a test drive.They watched him drive it up and down his street then gave him the asking price in cash from a holdall.Weeks later police knocked on his door saying they had recovered his car and would he come and collect it and did he know anything about the Uzi machine gun and handgun found under the front seat.Turns out they were members of a notorious armed gang responsible for dozens of armed robberies and shootings and had been using it as a getaway car. He explained he’d sold the car and the police took a statement and said that the cash they’d paid him was probably stolen too.

konabunny
    Free Member

So…did he get to keep the car?

hora
    Free Member

Nick it wasn’t in the Manchester area circa 1992 was it?

In Hudds we witnessed a armed robbery on a off licence and the car headed back over to Manchester apparently.

scruff
    Free Member

I sold my last car on ebay to some GYPSIES. Loveley pair of lads, prepaid via paypal but couldnt understand a word they were saying.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

What was the registration number?

It’ll probably drive through the town I’m living in a few weeks from now.

As skink2020 says, there’s a big trade in shipping used cars from UK/Japan/Singapore to Anglophone Africa: they load them on a car transporter at Sheerness (for UK sourced…), collect them in Walvis Bay (Durban for Far East) and drive them through to Botswana/Zambia/Zimbabwe/Malawi.

I bought my car this way – cost the same as buying similar age/spec/mileage from South Africa/local! (Y287 TOA in its previous life)

hora
    Free Member

My gym has a fair few gypsy lads. Sat in the sauna with a few last week and I’m surprised we could fit in as one was bloody huge 😯 a few come across as angry for no reason. Steam sorted those out though 😆

joao3v16
    Free Member

Keep an eye on the news for the next few weeks – you’ll probably see your Touran in some African civil uprising being driven around by a guerilla gang wielding AK47’s and machete’s …

konabunny
    Free Member

yeah, i’d stay away from Zim for a while if Ol’ Bob gets picked off in a Touran-related manner.

ditch_jockey

For some reason, reading this thread brought this to mind…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRmE5-3sOg[/video]

bwaarp
    Free Member

and I got banned for calling people “mongs”. This threads casual racism is far worse?

The OP basically thinks that because the buyers were black and ‘obviously’ straight outta Compton, that either drugs were stashed in the car or if something goes wrong Icecube is going to go crazy as ****.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Ditch Jockey, this thread reminds me of this video.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR-MrJwqcFc[/video]

hora
    Free Member

The OP said African’s whereas you’ve lumped them all together as ‘blacks’.

Racist! 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The OP basically thinks that because the buyers were black……..

I think you’ll find bwaarp, the fact that were carrying large amounts of cash and talking about guns had something to do with it.

I can’t see any evidence which suggests that the OP would have been nervous had it been any black person who had bought his car.

Still, it’s always fun to accuse someone of being a racist because they’ve mentioned the colour of a person’s skin, eh ?

EDIT : hora has it. There’s no mention of colour, only of nationality.

bwaarp
    Free Member

If they were white ex colonials he would have called them Rhodesians and I don’t see anything about guns in the OP.

EDIT: Ahhh wait, further down in another post. This has to be a good troll.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t see anything about guns in the OP

No, that’s because it’s not in the OP.

Your criticism is now based on the fact that all details of the situation weren’t divulged in the first post ?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Actually of a lot of the replies as well, I don’t care to much but if we’re going to have a PC forum it’s nice to apply the rules evenly isn’t it?

If I’d made a joke about the OP watching his arse because he was uncomfortable meeting Wadham (what rhymes with wadham?) college students I’d be banned (again).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t care to much but if we’re going to have a PC forum it’s nice to apply the rules evenly isn’t it?

So where has a rule been broken ?

Get over the fact that you were banned ” for calling people “mongs”” ….you obviously haven’t.

How long ago was it anyway ?

bwaarp
    Free Member

I also got banned for homophobia, I’m really not sure what that was about. I made a joke about a comment made about men saying that those men who like women in lingerie are rapists. I said they were potentially homosexual, BANNED. Post in a thread about “Africans making the OP feel uncomfortable” that Mugabe death squads might come for him….seems to be okay though. So when you accuse me of assuming they were black, plenty of others had already done so. I don’t think there were many white Mugabe death squads.

I’m just saying I don’t think the rules here are applied evenly.

donsimon
    Free Member

I also got banned for homophobia,

I wouldn’t worry about the whys or why nots, I’ve been banned for swear avoidance, you know, like they do to make swear words acceptable before the watershed, but not been banned for actually swearing.
    It’s the name that’s banned, not the crime. 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

no I said Zimbabweans !

and like I said they could have been any race color religion or animal they made me feel uncomfortable !

bwaarp
    Free Member

Okay okay, I admit you weren’t being racist unfitgeezer but there were others.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Wow, a thread that is slowly going downhill and no real big hitters of note in sight, do we have a new breed of winging keyboard warriors, or should I say “big hitters”

Love you all

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I also got banned for homophobia

So you’re a serial offender then.

And now you come on here preaching morality concerning what is and what isn’t acceptable ?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Get a room

bwaarp
    Free Member

Likewise Ernie, didn’t you accuse me of being uncouth?

Now you are defending where this thread went? HARRR. Do you just favour the Etonian style of obnoxiousness as opposed to the swearey Northerner type?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you just favour the Etonian style of obnoxiousness as opposed to the swearey Northerner type?

Absolutely. I find the Etonian style much more fun than your course and vulgar fouled-mouth examples.

And yes, I find you frightfully uncouth.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Absolutely. I find the Etonian style much more fun than your course and vulgar fouled-mouth examples.

And yes, I find you frightfully uncouth.

I see

konabunny
    Free Member

Post in a thread about “Africans making the OP feel uncomfortable” that Mugabe death squads might come for him….seems to be okay though.

Actually, I think the “Mugabe death squad” comments (of which mine is in the vein) are satirising the ludicrousness of the OP getting his panties damp about selling a car, for cash, to what sound like two perfectly reasonable and polite geezers apparently just because they happened to be Zimbabwean.

hora
    Free Member

Open question, what is casual racism? Is it racismlight!(tm) or DietRacism(tm)?

On the likert scale is it mild dislike – Prejudice – tribalism – racismlight(!) – racism (watch out!) – out and dark racism, watch out Rodney King (reserved for people who drive at 100mph whilst off their faces)..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Sold my car to two guys and now I feel nervous!’ is closed to new replies.