Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So X.0 is to go 2×10?seems so!
  • c_klein87

Came across these new pics of the SRAM X.0 groupo looks pretty sweet! shame i've just bought another 9 speed X.0 mech!

rootes1

and x.9 if you scroll down

solarider
    Free Member

And X7 I have read elsewhere.

Having fitted XX to my bikes, I don't regret it. 2 x 10 makes absolute sense, but XO does look a bit nicer than XX I think.

The Shimano XTR, XT and SLX 10 speed stuff had better be good! It seems that only XTR will only be 2 x 10 though. XT and SLX will be 3 x 10 which does defeat the object a little bit.

I hear on the grapevine that the Shimano announcement is very soon. A few spy shots out there but nothing official yet.

rootes1

when we it all be available to buy? ( i know XX is out)

tracknicko
    Free Member

2 x (x) is a great idea. i run 2×9 and its a tonne better than 3 x anything.

not sure about 10 spd yet, happy with 9 on me mtb. 2×10 is flawless on my road bike though…

akira

May consider ten speed when my current set up wears out but not just for the sake of it.
    Shimano going 2×10 from SLX upwards but both companies will still be doing 9 speed stuff to replace current high end bits.

soobalias
    Free Member

is it just me that would rather go 2×8, back to longer lasting rings/cassettes and chains

suppose there is little incentive for the big two there tho'

convert

So will retailers have to start stocking 4 colours of every component – that could be a pain in the arse & even more procrastination when it comes to bike builds.

njee20
    Free Member

X.0 looks really good, appears to be the same cassette as XX though, unless they've found a way to make them more cheaply.

c_klein87

I did read in a bike magazine somewhere that they will be using the same technique to produce them, and a similar price point, I have no experience of how long XX cassettes last but for me it would be a major point to consider when upgrading as 50pounds for cassette is quite alot but 260quid is maddness if it lasts the same amount of time….

njee20
    Free Member

I bought a second bike to avoid using my XX equipped one through winter, the cost of cassettes is just a joke!

I suspect I'll get an X.7 one when available, and keep the XX one for racing!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

2×9 works for me pretty well at the moment – 22/36 + 11-32 Cassette.

The interesting thing about 10 speed is how well a 1×10 setup could work. 32/36 would be about the same as 3rd gear with a 22t granny, which would be OK for most XC stuff with a bit of grunting, but you only get a 12T at the other end of the cassette, and 32/11 is already a bit spinny.

That said it might be worth the compromise to be able to ditch the spare ring, shifter and mech and add a MRP 1.x or similar.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i run 2×9 and its a tonne better than 3 x anything.

less is more ? Why not go singlespeed ?

radoggair
    Free Member

less is more ? Why not go singlespeed ?

Oh dear!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd go 2×9/10 if someone was making say 26-38 at the front. At the moment I can still spin out a 34-11 on road sections and dont use the granny often enough to justify it. A bigger granny would mean more usefull time in it.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

meh still waiting for a 3 speed hammershmidt meself

njee20
    Free Member

26-38 at the front

SRAM chainsets come in 26/39, or you could fit 26/38 to any chainset you want…

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I run 1×9 on all my bikes and have done for a long time.

1×10 will be sweet as it means i can run a rescue on my trail bike and a spacer or extra cog on my race bikes.

mmm no carbon on the X0, odd. I perfer the look of the X9 Mechs to the X0. The current X0 mechs look sweet, but those look pants in the photos

njee20
    Free Member

Looks like there's some carbon, just with a unidirectional finish, the cranks look too similar in profile to XX to be alu IMO, X9 and X7 look like they're alu.

I suspect the mechs are the same.

I think it looks better than current stuff, better finishing.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So X.0 is to go 2×10?seems so!’ is closed to new replies.