Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • So, who's optimistic about their future?
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

They look great, where can I procure myself a pack or two of those!?

digga
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

And once everyone is out of work bar the fat cats there’ll be no one to sell anything too and the system will collapse. That’s the downside of thinking in black and whites.

Wrong! To paraphrase you; that’s the downside of thinking of capitalism in non-capitalist terms.

The ‘fat cats’ can live where they want and trade where they want; they do already. Look at the non-doms like Sir Philip Green.

Even if the UK is going to ruin, they can live here, in isolated splendour, protected by fences, gates and guards, never having to use public transport or – for that matter – roads. They are hugely wealthy – they have choice.

dazh

They look great, where can I procure myself a pack or two of those!?

http://www.hot-headz.com/blairs-death-rain-potato-chips-3-x-43g-bags

If you can finish a whole bag in one sitting then you’ll be doing well.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Ahh Hot-Headz, they are based just along the road from me in Stroud. Thanks, they’re out of stock though, I’ll put them on my wishlist

jekkyl

Op you forgot a couple of bad points.
    .The Earth is due another ice age.
    .One of the large ‘dormant’ volcanoes is due to blow up anytime soon.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Overall optimistic.

I’ve survived cancer twice, a broken back, broken neck and I’m still riding my bike and enjoying life most of the time.

I have a good stable job that pays enough plus a comfortable buffer, a wife who is a soul mate, a 12 year son (who is pre-teenage so driving me mad) and a year old kitten! Sure the world could end, the economy sink, I could break my neck properly next time or have a final bout with cancer BUT most of that I can’t affect so I focus on what I can affect. I’m 50 so maybe I have ~20 – 30 years left so why make them miserable?

Optimism is just making the best of everything which is easy to say but hard to achieve.

All IMHO of course.

digga
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

Op you forgot a couple of bad points.
    .The Earth is due another ice age.
    .One of the large ‘dormant’ volcanoes is due to blow up anytime soon.

You forgot asteroids. Wiped out the dinosaurs and could easily do the same, or worse, all over again.

Which oddly, is why I agree with the optimists; the really important and big things are mostly out of our control and therefore not really worth actually worrying about.

BillMC

I remember the three-day week and the street lights being off. I used to look forward with immense joy and enthusiasm to my girlfriend of the time giving me a lift home in her Morris Oxford.

steveirwin
    Free Member

I’m really pessimistic. The pot holes at the end of my road haven’t been filled in even two years after the gas company installed new mains. I’ve run out of food in the fridge. My boss hasn’t authorised my holiday yet. I can’t afford an electric garage door even though it’s windy and chucking it down outside. My bicycle chain has stretched so needs replacing. I have a hole in my shoe what am I going to do? Woe is me boo hoo hoo

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘So, who's optimistic about their future?’ is closed to new replies.