Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • So who would Jesus vote for in 2015?
  • aracer
    Free Member

The Tories haven’t moved left due to the rise of UKIP, whatever their supporters might have done. I thought my mention of “early 70s” might have been a clue I was talking about before Thatcher (the phrase was coined well before her).

aracer
    Free Member

He was a provincial, and the provinces didn’t get a vote.

ninfan
    Free Member

I reckon Jesus would have voted for this guy

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=668S5Zhtk2I[/video]

Though, if we are doing fictional characters, who would dinosaurs vote for then?

Though, if we are doing fictional characters, who would dinosaurs vote for then?

Triassic, Jurassic or Cretaceous dinosaurs?

ninfan
    Free Member

Duh, everyone knows that by the late Cretaceous period the dinosaurs experiment in democracy had ended and they had moved to an absolute monarchy, that’s why he was called Tyrannoaurus rex

dereknightrider
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    dereknightrider » I don’t know, think about it for a second, almost their entire right wing will now be supporting UKIP, David Davies losing the leadership contest saw the left of the party triumphant and but for the Major period you cannot say they are to the right of the position they were post Thatcher.
    The Tories haven’t moved left due to the rise of UKIP, whatever their supporters might have done. I thought my mention of “early 70s” might have been a clue I was talking about before Thatcher (the phrase was coined well before her).

So we’re talking about Grocer Heath then, and the Tories that gave us the three day week… Heath he was as wet a Tory as ever there was, he could be blamed almost directly for the rise of Thatcher..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Heath he was as wet a Tory as ever there was

You mean he was more left-wing ?

Although you did say that “the Conservatives have drifted left”, so presumably he was more right-wing ?

Which one is it ?

BTW why was Harold Macmillan, nicknamed the council house builder, less “wet” than Edward Heath ?

aracer
    Free Member

I reckon STW has drifted right – that or I’ve drifted left.

El-bent
    Free Member

I reckon STW has drifted right – that or I’ve drifted left

STW has gone right. It has a large content of White middle class professionals after all. Can’t you tell when those who are clearly middle of the road and have not changed their position politically, are now being called lefties?

So who would Jesus vote for in 2015?

God knows.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I reckon STW has drifted right – that or I’ve drifted left.

I reckon you have more likely drifted to the left. I’m sorry because I know that’s probably not what you want to hear, however I believe in being brutally honest.

klumpy
    Free Member

I read The Geek Manifesto, and realised that it’d be nice if policy followed evidence. I literally have no-one to vote for. Everything parties propose is based on ideology, and ideology is only ever incidentally correct.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Aracer, the watch and private banking adverts would suggest that the advertising analysis-bots would say stw has drifted to the right 😉

Fwiw conservative party political broadcast on itv at the moment. No bishops involved so far.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Heath he was as wet a Tory as ever there was
    You mean he was more left-wing ?

Although you did say that “the Conservatives have drifted left”, so presumably he was more right-wing ?

Which one is it ?

BTW why was Harold Macmillan, nicknamed the council house builder, less “wet” than Edward Heath ?
    Events dear boy Events, to quote the man, Macmillan was of a different time.

Heath faced the early pressures of consumerism I wouldn’t say there was a lot to choose between them, but in Heaths blundering with the Unions, young Maggie lost all respect for both of
    them and her Revenge was total.

But even back then there were clear demarcations between the right and the left, labour and capitol, it all started to go awry after we the electorate kicked out the Torys after Thatcher and Major on the basis it was all going to get better, with a swing to the left and that nice Tony and his labour party and all we got was more of the same, then even after Browns public sector profligacy did we get a swing to the right? No we got the Dave & Clegg show and more corporate bollox, neo liberalism and gay marriage, not that I’ve got anything against gays getting wed, but ffs they represent 1-5% of the population depending on whose stats you believe and there were, still are, far more pressing issues that need sorting.

You know what? I’m lost here, not sure what I’m even arguing about, didn’t this place used to be a haven for pinko liberal lefty hand wringers, where have they all gone? Life is confusing, I did that survey and came out politically alongside Ghandi, yet when I did the policies quiz i came out 44% UKIP, I think in all probability I’ll do a Russell Brand and not bother, nothing for me to vote for.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

not that I’ve got anything against gays getting wed, but ffs they represent 1-5% of the population

I think I might be starting to understand why you think this shower in power now are a bunch of lefties.

You read a rather fat tabloid size newspaper and like a politician who knows how to hold a pint, don’t you?

dereknightrider
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    not that I’ve got anything against gays getting wed, but ffs they represent 1-5% of the population
    I think I might be starting to understand why you think this shower in power now are a bunch of lefties.

You read a rather fat tabloid size newspaper and like a politician who knows how to hold a pint, don’t you?

Er no, that was some other Derek allegedly.. I don’t ‘like’ any of them.

aracer
    Free Member

Phew – so ernie’s wrong. I was quite worried there for a while.

yunki
    Free Member

Jesus would vote for Russell Brand obvs

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

dereknightrider – Member

Er no, that was some other Derek allegedly.. I don’t ‘like’ any of them.

But it’s you who thinks that the Tories have lurched to the left, right?

All that leftie stuff like even more privatization, tax cuts for the rich, clamping down on benefits, cuts in government spending, and forcing the disabled and sick to work, eh?

JoeG
    Free Member

Duh! He would vote for Chuck Norris! 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Ernie, spending cuts, clamping down on benefits, forcing sick and disabled back to work. All clear examples of saint David continuing (as he so claimed) the work that Jesus started. Perhaps Osborne and IDS snuck a few extra pages into his bible. 😆

binners

Maybe Michael Gove wrote all that ‘punish the poor and disabled’ stuff as part of his introduction

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘So who would Jesus vote for in 2015?’ is closed to new replies.