Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So, what Internet Radio is everybody listening to these days?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just installed my brand spanking new NAIM ND5 XS streamer (Ooh, Matron). Comes with a couple of IR stations and I’ve added some more. What do you think is worth listening to from the wonderful world of streamed radio, these days?

nickjb
    Free Member

Mostly Absolute 80s and Radio 2 but we are pretty wild

beamers

I’m a fan of Mountain FM.

Spent a couple of years living in Canada and spent quite a bit of time staying in Canmore.

Because of the time difference you don’t have annoying DJs getting in the way of the tunes.

beej

181.fm 80’s Hair Metal.

At least, that’s what the kitchen radio keeps mysteriously setting itself to.

jekkyl

soma fm, dubstep beyond.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah I like soma “fm”. Mostly Groove Salad with the occasional meditate to the “Drone Zone”…

Quite like to hear about a decent Jazz station?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Radio Paradise for me.

BillOddie

At risk of hijacking…

Can anyone recommend a small-ish stand alone internet radio to put in the kitchen?

xico
    Free Member

Listening to Radio Paradise as I write this. If you do tune in for the first time please be aware that the the music is played in genre segments – it could be Indie Rock in one and 50s Rock & Roll the next, or even some classical. Their eclectic choice has introduced me to lots of new music, which I have subsequently got into and purchased.

zippykona

Big up dub. Npr northern soul.
    I do get fed up listening to the same genre so always drift back to 6.

xico
    Free Member

@ BillOddie. The Pure One Flow is my choice, not stereo but no frills and OK for the kitchen.

DezB
    Free Member

I usually scroll through the available stations on TuneIn. CDNX is good for indie, for jazz there are loads – Ace Radio, or… yes! Smooth Choice (nice)

allthepies
    Free Member
    idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

FM4 (based in Austria, mix of English/German/French), interesting getting a European view on current affairs.

Ibiza Global Radio when I want to chill out.

Idobi/Idobi Howl when I don’t..!

BillOddie

xico – Member
    @ BillOddie. The Pure One Flow is my choice, not stereo but no frills and OK for the kitchen.

Cheers! Looks just the job!

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

descent mix of stuff here

https://www.totallyradio.com/

tonyplym
    Free Member

@ BillOddie – Also worth a look – Roberts Stream 107 – built-in recharger for internal batteries (takes 6 @ AA NiMh) makes it nice and portable too. Plenty loud enough unless you want to shake the walls.

Link

dumbbot
    Free Member

https://intergalacticfm.com/

The only radio station(s) you will ever need

bearnecessities

Radio Aire 2

No **** shouting/fake bantz, just smart, entertaining presenters and a good mix of music. It’s a hidden gem.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So, what Internet Radio is everybody listening to these days?’ is closed to new replies.