Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • So what did YOU get for Christmas as a child?
  • br
    Free Member

Early years, not a lot (of value) but plenty.

Later when my folks had both good jobs, plenty enough. Always remember a reel-to-reel my dad got as they hid it and switched it on to record my brother and I’s excitement 🙂

But tbh xmas was not so special and we got stuff all year around.

Aged 46 and 5/6th’s

racefaceec90

apart from a karlhoff pseudo bmx,this was my bestest xmas present as a child 😀 gods i miss it. (good job there are emulators 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

going by the amount of Lego stashed at my mums, i am going to say lego, more lego and for a bit of a change lego.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not very much at all, if anything worthy of a mention. My mum would make a small effort. More out of guilt than anything.
    This year, my daughter is getting a laptop, a TV, new electric bass guitar and amp and some little extra items that she likes.
    She’s not getting the up dragging that I was subject to and hell, she LOVES me.

Would she still love you if you stopped buying her loads of spensive stuffs?

Did you love your mum less cos she din’t spend loads of money on you?

My mum had to proper scrimp and save and go without stuff just so’s she could get me something nice for Xmas. Never owt more than about twenty quid mind, and less than that when I was younger.

Might be why I’m not all that materialistic and don’t crave new things in the way others do. In fact with most things, not having them really does not in any way matter.

It’s obvious from this thread why so many folk on here really think they ‘need’ stuffs though…

emma82
    Free Member

To be honest I just googled 80’s toys (I’m 29) and I got most of the girls stuff at some point, I was a massively spoilt brat but just didn’t realise it at the time. This was all time fave:

The barbie apartment

Obviously I had all the furniture and barbie/ken/cars etc to go with it :D. The lift on the side was a proper working lift to I think, amazing.

Other than that it was my little pony, care bears etc

Edit: well said Elfin btw, my other half had a Christmas without presents full stop after his dad chuffed off and left them penny less, he’s not fussed about Christmas at all

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘So what did YOU get for Christmas as a child?’ is closed to new replies.