Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • So we're all ISIL sympathisers…
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

And I do wonder whether it’s been deemed effective.

Seemed to do the trick with Jihadi John and those two other British fellas.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

When bombing Syria hasn’t worked, where next? Blackburn, Bradford, Slough? Global whack-an-ISIS mole.

David doesn’t give a flying ****. Just as long as his puppet masters make some money and we’re all kept in our place by fear of the boggy man.

dragon
    Free Member

They were attacked by a bunch of Belgians.

Trained in Syria. Go read this Guardian Syria

I’d guess you’ll still be in the No camp after reading it, but at least you’ll be better informed.

martinhutch

When bombing Syria hasn’t worked, where next? Blackburn, Bradford, Slough?

Now you’re talking.

bencooper
    Free Member

Trained in Syria.

I know. So wouldn’t it be better to look at how and why a bunch of Belgians decided to go to Syria to train for this?

The pro-bombing people like binary, black and white choices. Either you bomb, or you do nothing. Either you’re on our side, or you’re on the side of the terrorists. They don’t do nuance, they don’t like complex situations.

The reality is very few of the no-bombing side are suggesting we do nothing, they’re suggesting we do something better.

perchypanther
    Free Member

where next? Blackburn, Bradford, Slough?

Not the first time this has been suggested…….

Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough!
    It isn’t fit for humans now,
    There isn’t grass to graze a cow.
    Swarm over, Death!

Sir John Betjeman – 1937

RustySpanner

‘I’ll tell you now and I’ll tell you firmly.
    I don’t never want to go to Burnley.
    What they do there don’t concern me.’
    John Cooper Clarke.

Belgium has nothing we need.
    We can retro engineer Leffe and overly complicated chocolate.
    If you like racing road bikes through freezing mud and cowshit, they do that round here too.

And what exactly is the point of Luxembourg?

Pete,
    Burnley.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Seemed to do the trick with Jihadi John and those two other British fellas.

😆

True.

The issue though is what they leave behind. Does their death from above deter or attract fighters to an ideology that welcomes martyrdom?

binners

Was that a Vulcan bomber that just flew overhead, or is the deafening whining noise just lefties that still don’t understand that democracy means you don’t always get your own way?

Were you stood in your Union Jack boxer shorts, saluting a portrait of Winston Churchill, singing God Save the Queen while typing that?

Bloody Commie bastards eh?

😆

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Not only are we terrorist sympathisers we’re standing in the way of commerce, not letting our arms industry demonstrate it’s latest smart bombs with the lowest percent collateral damage feature ever used in modern warfare, guaranteed to almost not kill every civilian they come into contact with.

ourmaninthenorth

The pro-bombing people like binary, black and white choices. Either you bomb, or you do nothing. Either you’re on our side, or you’re on the side of the terrorists. They don’t do nuance, they don’t like complex situations.

My observation is that this is true of both “sides”.

I’m on the fence – I need a bit more of a justification than “well, we’ve let the Syrian situation go on since April 2011 and create the associated power vacuum ISIS grew into, but now that Paris has been attacked we must do something”. But at the same time we know that these campaigns can have some useful effect.

ferrals
    Free Member

apart from world-class cyclocross

fear of the boggy man

which clearly some people are terrified of

RustySpanner

I edited my previous post to include weirdos like you before you posted.
    😀

gordimhor

2 Toyota Hi-Luxs will be destroyed every day until victory is assured.

So when bombing doesn’t work we’re going to force them to watch back to back reruns of top gear

stewartc
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it make more sense to start by bombing the mosques in the UK first, that’s seems to be where most of our Muslim terrorist problems have stemmed from in the last 10 years?

Note: add 🙂 face

I would view myself probably a little to the right of the political spectrum but I really cant see what bombing Syria or Iraq any further would achieve, eventually you are going to have to put soldiers on the ground, and good luck with that during a civil war where all parties are potentially hostile (even the Kurds).

bluehelmet
    Free Member

stewartc – Member
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to start by bombing the mosques in the UK first, that’s seems to be where most of our Muslim terrorist problems have stemmed from in the last 10 years?

The fair thing would be to eradicate all places of worship until we start removing ‘religion’ there will never be an end to religious wars.

DaRC_L

Chimay, Leffe, Tom Boonen, Greg Van Avaerment, Spring Classics…
    Eddy Merckx

squadra
    Free Member

dragon – Member

They were attacked by a bunch of Belgians.

Trained in Syria. Go read this Guardian Syria

I’d guess you’ll still be in the No camp after reading it, but at least you’ll be better informed.

Trained in Syria, but not in easy to bomb isolated training camp in the desert, but among the civilian populations of the urban areas which they occupy, with tunnels to hide in.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The issue though is what they leave behind.

TPTcruiser

Bomb the chuffin’ bank that is laundering the oil money, the proceeds of sales of looting and where the bullets and RPGs come from.
    Follow the money, follow it hard and wherever it comes from and expose the folk along the path it takes. Do not be afraid of losing supposed allies, expose their deeds to the whole world.

slowoldman

And then he can tell us what his plan is to eradicate IS on the ground and leave Syria safe and stable, as bombing won’t do either of those things.

This is why it gets a no from me. We have done great work over the past few years destabilising a region and allowing extremism to flourish in the power vacuum we have helped create. If we seek to eradicate one bunch of terrorists without fixing the underlying security issue another lot will turn up, so long as someone is prepared to finance and arm them (and that’s not the arms fairy is it?). Do we seriously want to continue throwing billions at this sort of issue in perpetuity? If not we have to go after those who are pulling the strings.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member
    footflaps

He’s lost the argument if he has to resort to calling people terrorist sympathisers. Completely childish, but plays to the gallery (eg the Telegraph etc).

dragon
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s true at all, if you listen to Cameron’s speech from last week, he was adamant it wasn’t a silver bullet, here is snippet of what he actaully said:

“Airstrikes can degrade Isil and arrest its advance, but they alone cannot defeat Isil. We need partners on the ground to do that and we need a political solution to the Syria conflict,” the prime minister says in the memorandum.

bluehelmet
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    He’s lost the argument if he has to resort to calling people terrorist sympathisers. Completely childish, but plays to the gallery (eg the Telegraph etc).

True, he’ll still get a majority though and lots of lucrative post war contracts to rebuild syria to his mates, thanks also to folk like Hillary Benn who should cross the bloody house. what would his father think of him bet he’s spinning in his grave.

jambalaya
    Free Member

So wouldn’t it be better to look at how and why a bunch of Belgians decided to go to Syria to train for this?

No it wouldn’t be better, it’s not an alternative. You have to do both things.

There have been some very interesting points made about radical Belgians in the French media. One of the key ones is lack of integration as whilst most speak French very few if any learn to speak Flemish and as such are outside the core of Belgian society. Points have also been made that the Belgian authorities do not have the rescources to monitor extremism and other issues including the lack of an effective government for some considerable period has contributed. It’s a little cliched but what we see in Belgium and elsewhere is second generation immigrants who don’t fully understand the poverty and lack of opportunity their parents left behind and perceive their lack of success in the country in which they where born to be “someone else’s fault”

bigjim

No but it’ll end very well for the tory party’s rich cronies and donors, Theresa May’s husband will likely do very well out of it too, even now his company just won a £100million contract in Iraq. War provides these people a huge income for years and years.

http://www.g4s.com/en/Media%20Centre/News/2015/09/11/G4S%20wins%20contracts%20in%20Iraq%20and%20Afghanistan/

Apologies I believe I have been led astray by a bullshit yes post on facebook, appears Theresa May’s husband is not actually anything to do with G4S. Still don’t mean it’s right though!

nullpointer
    Free Member

Seems daft to me bombing in Iraq and not in Syria.

In Iraq our support was requested by the democratically elected government, with troops from the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga doing the necessary ground work.

ferrals
    Free Member

How f-ing stupid are these politicians??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well she has a point – if they haven’t got somewhere to plot terrorist attacks how are they going to go about plotting?

I say bomb their plotting places !

MrOvershoot

jambalaya – Member

There have been some very interesting points made about radical Belgians in the French media. One of the key ones is lack of integration as whilst most speak French very few if any learn to speak Flemish and as such are outside the core of Belgian society. Points have also been made that the Belgian authorities do not have the rescources to monitor extremism and other issues including the lack of an effective government for some considerable period has contributed. It’s a little cliched but what we see in Belgium and elsewhere is second generation immigrants who don’t fully understand the poverty and lack of opportunity their parents left behind and perceive their lack of success in the country in which they where born to be “someone else’s fault”

Whilst some of Jambalaya’s posts are way out there I think this has a big dose of reality.

chewkw
    Free Member

votchy – Member
    if we vote no to bombing in Syria according to the waste of skin that is Cameron. Every time he opens his mouth I despise him more and more, absolute c0ckwomble of the highest order

So we’re all ISIL sympathisers…

The answer: Yes, if you vote against.

slowoldman

Plotting sheds?

RustySpanner

Yup.
    It’s where they keep their weapons of grass destruction.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What this thread needs is pictures!!

Bandar Bin Sultan has known Prince Charles since the 1970s, when they were both at RAF Cranwell. He was one of the few foreign dignatories invited to Charles and Camilla’s wedding.

His relationship with Charles dates back way before Tony Blair halted the Serious Fraud Office investigation into the Al Yamamah deal

Some videos…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0B0LFd5oPQ[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEGN2b7o28[/video]

And a couple of mainstream links:

Moussaoui Calls Saudi Princes Patrons of Al Qaeda

Both of the other Saudi Princes mentioned besides Bandar Bin Sultan also have close links to the British Monarchy.

The case the Saudis did 9/11, explained

#terroristsympathisers everywhere

ferrals
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Well she has a point – if they haven’t got somewhere to plot terrorist attacks how are they going to go about plotting?

You want to bomb Random Uk suburbs?

stavromuller
    Free Member

In 1961, believing that non-violent measures would not be successful, Mandela and other ANC leaders formed Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK), a militant wing of the ANC. Beginning on Dec. 16, 1961, MK, with Mandela as its commander in chief, launched bombing attacks on government targets and made plans for guerilla warfare.

I seem to remember plenty of politcos sucking up to this “terrorist”. Bloody sympathisers!

outofbreath
    Free Member

slowoldman I say bomb their plotting places !
    Rusty Spanner It’s where they keep their weapons of grass destruction.

😀 Laughed so much a little bit of wee came out.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I seem to remember plenty of politcos sucking up to this “terrorist”. Bloody sympathisers!

That’s the problem isn’t it. Everyone sympathises with those terrorists whose cause they sympathise with sufficiently. SOE; Lethal Auxiliary Units. I’d be amazed if *anyone* didn’t sympathise with a terrorist of some kind from some point in history.

athgray
    Free Member

Get them at their plotting places ernie.
    West Bromwich it seems.

[video]https://youtu.be/sIvrJ-v03zY[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘So we're all ISIL sympathisers…’ is closed to new replies.