Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So tell me about the stumpy fsr elite from 2010
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Been offered one brand new at a frankly ridiculous price. I’m 5 11 – would I be ok on a medium??

Ta

james
    Free Member

What is a ridiculous price?

IIRC Edinburgh Bike Coop were selling the one with the £2200 RRP (is that the elite?) for £1400. No idea for how long though

Just thinking deals such as that could have an effect on ebay/resale value?

Swalsey
    Free Member

Specialized, and myself as a stumpjumper rider (2004 and 2009 models) reccommend a large frame for anybody over 5’10” – definatly try if you still think of going ahead. Or buy a large frame from eBay and swap!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

must say, i’m tempted (but not sure if i’ll be over biked),

Yossarien, great forum name 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

What is a ridiculous price?

£660!

It’s a one off so can’t reveal details – would if I could.

Checked out the geo on a medium and as per **** usual I’m borderline medium/large. Rode a medium hustler and medium soul previously. Thing is the deal is only on a medium – it comes with a 65mm stem and inline post, I’m figuring I can lengthen it out by a bit to make it fit.

Captain bastard is also a great forum name 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

At that price, I’d still buy it, strip it and make a profit on the parts.

stumpy01

I’m 5’6 and have a medium 2010 Stumpy fsr. I couldn’t decide whether I should go for small or medium, but got a test ride on a medium & it seemed fine.

Can you not get to a shop & have a sit on one? It’s not exactly a rare bike.
    My gut instinct says it should be ok, but definitely worth a sit-on. It doesn’t feel particularly long, so I wonder if u might feel a little cramped on it as standard.

stumpy01

Is it standard? U mention an inline post & 65mm stem, but my post has a slight layback & I’m pretty sure the stem is 75mm.

stevious

I would say you’ll probably find it a bit short with the stock parts.

yossarian
    Free Member

Is it standard? U mention an inline post & 65mm stem, but my post has a slight layback & I’m pretty sure the stem is 75mm.

Yeah I think you might be right, although on the plus side I measured my height a couple of times tonight and I’ve bloody shrunk to between 5 ft 10 and 5 ft 9!!! Slightly worrying but perhaps useful.

Is there much backsweep on the bars? Thinking that an 80mm stem plus flatter wider bars might do the trick.

stumpy01

You’ll probably want wider bars – the stock ones are a bit narrow at 660mm, I think. Not sure about the backsweep – when I first got mine, they’d set the bars quite rolled back and the riding position was very odd.I I rolled them a fair bit forward & they feel fine – just normal bars, really. I think the sunline V3s I put on my Inbred have more backsweep.

Milky
    Free Member

I’m also 5’11” and I ride a 2010 Stumpy FSR Elite in a medium. Fits me just right and it rides like a dreamboat. I paid £2000 for mine back in April. I’m not planning on selling it but I do hope £660 isn’t the market rate!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I’d say go for it – my OH has a Medium Camber that I, at 6′, could ride quite comfortably.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Me at 5ft 11 and a smidge on a large

Suits me. BTW you will be taller first thing in the morning 🙂

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Do it.

If it don’t fit, eBay is your friend 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So tell me about the stumpy fsr elite from 2010’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM