Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • So, swimming…
  • Edukator
    Free Member

A pool bouy is useful but don’t use it all the time. It will mask the things you are doing that mean your legs sink (not pushing back far and fast enough, digging too deep, not reaching and catching, pressing down rather than pulling yourself forward. Did you try any of the other things people suggested?

Just breathing on one side every cycle (me and others)

Glide-catch-pull versus no glide-pull

Looking slightly forward versus straight down

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes I did, although I’m still at the point where if I think about something one of the other things goes wrong 🙂 All good stuff though.

clodhopper
    Free Member

They’ve banned thong bikinis in my local pool, and issue ‘minimum coverage’ guidelines. Apparently there were complaints. 🙁

Still, at least I can concentrate on my stroke now.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Went to the swimming yesterday for the first time in ages, it was after a 5 mile trek home after work in the scorching glasgow sun. It was the most glourius feeling ever! 🙂

I only done 8 x 25m, tbh swimming wasn’t my main motivation and that was more than enough effort, I just then floated about for about 3/4s of an hour, steam room, then sauna and then jacuzza, then back in again for another float about!

I could get used to that! 🙂

grahamt1980

Still, at least I can concentrate on my stroke now.

I get the feeling you already were

clodhopper
    Free Member

No it was quite distracting actually. Apparently the trend was started by a group of young eastern European women, so one more reason for Brexit.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘So, swimming…’ is closed to new replies.