Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 246 total)
  • So, new Top Gear this weekend. (Now with Spoilers)
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Having got despondent with the last special and past couple of weeks, this was genuinely thoroughly chucklesome, well done Top Gear, you have redeemed yourself for light entertainment!

shifter
    Free Member

Very funny tonight. I do think there’s an opportunity for a real motoring show to run on the bbc as well as Top Gear.

nickjb
    Free Member

Think I might have watched an old episode on Dave. Pretty sure I didn’t see the same one that others did.

trevron73
    Free Member

Loved it – very funny – still the best car program on TV 😯

Drac

*wonders which one drac liked the look of*

I use to drive G30s. The brakes on fire isn’t a fake.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Carry on Nurse
    Carry on Doctor
    Carry on Top Gear!

pirahna
    Free Member

welshfarmer
    I must be getting old. I thought it was utter tripe tonight for some reason.

I agree but I think it needs stronger words than tripe to describe how bad it was. Normally I don’t mind Top Gear but that’s an hour of my life I won’t get back.

parkesie
    Free Member

Worth it entirely for the g30 going over the speed bumps.

johndoh
    Free Member

but that’s an hour of my life I won’t get back.

You do know that you don’t *have* to sit and watch something that you do not enjoy don’t you?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Fast forwarded through big chunks of it. Could have done the ambulance stuff in half the time. The star in the car was ace though. What a genuinely nice guy

hora
    Free Member

I enjoyed it and tbh yes- the ambulance bit was padded out but there were funny moments in.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Wow that really was a low point!
    It’s been shite for ages but was always a breath of fresh air after the usual cack the Mrs has on but last night’s really smelt bad!

Rest of the series is on record I’ll watch it if not doing anything else which tbf Sunday nights probably won’t be, good time for it to be on I guess.

tomhoward

I think ‘low point’ and ‘tripe’ are a little harsh, it was a bit of fun, if not serious, stuff.

Not sure why they’ve changed the format of

Intro
    Fast car round the track/stig posts a lap in it
    ‘News’
    Part 1 of whatever 3 car challenge they are doing
    Star in reasonable priced car
    Part 2 of challenge
    Wrap up
    ‘And on that bombshell’
    Fin

To a whole episode devoted to the challenge with an interlude for star in a reasonable priced car? Reflects the current audience I guess.

nickjb
    Free Member

At least they’ve kept the bit where the car catches fire so it isn’t too big a change

Houns

For those that are moaning/wanting a ‘proper’ car show on BBC. There is one, it’s on BBC Alba. I hope you enjoy it*

(*hopefully once watched you’ll realise why Top Gear moved away from this format)

stumpy01

I thought last night’s was rubbish. Normally enjoy it and this series has so far been better than the last couple, but the whole ambulance thing was rubbish.
    There were a couple of amusing points, but they were few & far between for me.

bland

I thought i’d nodded off and missed a good chunk having just seen the ambulance bit and the star in the car bit but clearly not!

natrix
    Free Member

Myself and Mrs natrix thought that it was hilarious!! 😀

Interesting to see Lydd ranges in a different context

mikey3
    Free Member

I thought it was funny,i couldn’t be less interested in cars if I tried but I don’t watch top gear for cars I watch it for nonsense and maybe some nice scenery 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Interesting to see Lydd ranges in a different context

Lydd and Hythe! I knew I’d been there before!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Back in the Day hey?

😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Back in the Day hey?

Playing the rioter was good fun 😀

hora
    Free Member

Guy in India was actually quite good and I’m not a fanboi (Harrythespider being at one end and me sort of midway the other).

spectabilis
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    For those that are moaning/wanting a ‘proper’ car show on BBC. There is one, it’s on BBC Alba. I hope you enjoy it*
    (*hopefully once watched you’ll realise why Top Gear moved away from this format)

Moving away from the original premis is fine.
    A car show with an injection of comedy yes great idea (the comedy isn’t that great but give them a break it’s a car show really )
    Now it’s slowly turned into an automotive themed comedy show, again no problem with that but in this case it does actually have to be funny which it isn’t really.

hora – Member
    Guy in India was actually quite good and I’m not a fanboi (Harrythespider being at one end and me sort of midway the other).

Yes enjoyed Guys programme too, it took the edge off TG

wrecker
    Free Member

The trouble is, TG is now too big to be a special interest show. If it went back to being another show for car bores it would lose most of its’ viewers and be worth as much as fifth gear (not a bloody lot!). It’s the most successful show the BEEB have ever had. That’s why Clarkson gets away with being a dick sometimes.

Houns

However a few (including me) on the previous think it is/was

tuffty
    Free Member

Have got a bit bored with it just lately but last nights show had me laughing out loud

spectabilis
    Free Member

Maybe I’m just used to a higher quality of dicking about…..

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Loved the look on JCs face with the ‘part’ flying around just a few inch’s from his face!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well on Episode 2 and I’ve laughed a lot, Kiefer Sutherland was funny and not really plugging anything, the Oz stuff was fun and I’d really like to race out of one of those small mines.

Drac

This is the ones we had.

crazy-legs

I enjoyed last night’s show. Yes it was contrived and scripted but at least it was fairly original and funny unlike episode 1 which was contrived, scripted, unoriginal and unfunny.

bearnecessities

Bump 😀

legend
    Free Member

Anyone want to tell me why the ‘vette has a normal manual gearbox but flappy paddles?

project
    Free Member

crap so far, over priced cars, and little humour.

legend
    Free Member

You hoping they start rolling out Octavias every week? Admittedly I just went looking for the fast forward button as soon as Ollie Murs appeared

iolo
    Free Member

Is the Peugeot thing funny? Good god this show is bad today.

legend
    Free Member

I thought it was fine until they obviously ran out of money for the 2nd half of the show

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As a pug driver who listens to radio 2 I am in stiches.

orangeboy
    Free Member

A new low

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 246 total)

The topic ‘So, new Top Gear this weekend. (Now with Spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.