Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So I've bought an E-Bike!
  • Frodo

And you know what its great fun!

More importantly its allowed me to ride regularly and longer with a long term injury.

So far so good its a Trek Powerfly FS7, it climbs well and descends well. Its never going to be as good as my five as there is a hell of a lot of weight on the frame. Its also going to struggle on range for technical rides over 40 miles.

Overall really happy!

simondbarnes

Excellent 🙂

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Good on ya, Ive seen quite a few recently up here in the lakes,and quite a few riders looked like they were new to mountain-biking, nice to see,enjoy

Denis99
    Free Member

Another thumbs up from me.

You will get used to the battery range, using eco mode will give you the confidence to ride further.

Have you got a 400w or 500w battery?

I have both, if I go for a long ride then I’ll put the spare battery in my backpack.

Great fun, but not the same handling as a non pedal assist bike though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

allowed me to ride regularly and longer with a long term injury.

But….but…aren’t they just for lazy fatties? I’m sure someone on here said so….!

😉

Good on you!

Frodo

Its a 500w battery. Even with my buggered knee Eco is normally fine for moderate climbs and if I go for sport mode I’m too fast for my riding buddy!

I have rarely used the turbo mode (apart from the prerequisite showing off!)

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yea whatever you do don’t leave Samwise behind!

Frodo

🙂

Samwise was getting grumpy at one point being used to always being the first up!

….and a whole load of Strava KOMs to come.

bumbly1
    Free Member

Good on you and nice to read the positive responses. I too have just ordered one but don’t get it until lst Feb.

Tom (70)

Toddboy
    Free Member

Good on you! I also have mobility scooter and Zimmer frame frame that you can buy!

bumbly1
    Free Member

Toddboy, best keep them you will need them soon enough

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So I've bought an E-Bike!’ is closed to new replies.