Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • So, I've almost bought it….
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I nearly got my Focus in Tangerine Scream but I showed the wife a picture and she wanted me to keep the people carrier.

That and the potential torrent of abuse and dog poo through the letterbox from passtherizla convinced me to get it in black.

Love the Tangerine Scream colour.

andyl
    Free Member

You’ve GOT to get that Mustang to park next to it on the drive.

Mustang? That’s a Camaro! tut

stumpy01

I like it….
    But….please don’t drive it like most of the people I see in ‘sports vans’ who seem to think because they have alloys and some Ford Racing Stripes they can tailgate even closer and drive like absolute tools….

chakaping – Member
    You’ve GOT to get that Mustang to park next to it on the drive.

pedant mode – if you mean the car at the top of the page, it’s a Chevy Camaro (it’s even got the Autobot Transformers badge on the side.) Looks like it’s stuck in front of a Transformers poster.
    But yes, that would be great side by side…..

Ooooh, just remembered…..this is a bright yellow Mustang (parked at a ‘bikers caf’ near our house a while back).

13-08-02 DSC_0250

Can’t link to it direct as on an ancient work browser that Flickr doesn’t like so can’t get the share options up….

passtherizla
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    I nearly got my Focus in Tangerine Scream but I showed the wife a picture and she wanted me to keep the people carrier.

That and the potential torrent of abuse and dog poo through the letterbox from passtherizla convinced me to get it in black.

Love the Tangerine Scream colour.

haha it’d be ok on a bike but not on a car. colours like that should be reserved for things that are actually fast like 1000cc GSXR’s and other such cool things.

iolo
    Free Member

I can see you like it otherwise you would not have bought it.
    I on the other hand think it’s the most hideous looking van I have ever seen.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck with selling it on in a few years time.

stoffel
    Free Member

Buy it! Much more interesting than all the generic boring grey/slver boxes that so many unimaginative people seem to go for. “Oh I’ll just buy a grey Mondeo, it’s a practical car with good fuel cnsuption blah blah drone drone’. Get back to building your scale model of Slough town hall out of matcsticks you boring ****.

Good luck with selling it on in a few years time.

It’s only a **** van. Enjpy the Now.

weeksy

“Oh I’ll just buy a grey Mondeo, it’s a practical car with good fuel cnsuption blah blah drone drone’. Get back to building your scale model of Slough town hall out of matcsticks you boring ****.

I have a grey (Silver Mondeo), I also do DH, Motorbike racing, trackdays and spend hours at Trailcentres. Having a grey Mondeo doesn’t make you dull..

being a complete muppet though… well… that’s your job 🙂

stoffel
    Free Member

Ooh touchy. 😆

I also do DH, Motorbike racing, trackdays and spend hours at Trailcentres

Still doesn’t mean you’re not a boring person. Nigel Mansell was an F1 world champion, and he was the most boring **** on earth.

Can’t stand this particularly British malaise of wanting to blend in with everyone else, and not stand out at all. Why not enjoy having a bright, colourful car? I grew up in the 70s when cars were Yellow, orange, purple, turquiose etc. And beige. Guess what typese drove the beige motors?

tonyg2003

Well it’s certainly a marmite vehicle. Personally I’m not a fan (or of van’s a MPV) but I can see why you might like it. Hopefully it will be good for you.

gozarch
    Free Member

It’s a van, and it’s yellow – what’s not to like?
    I miss my yellow car 😥
    Next van will hopefully be lime green :mrgreen:

olddog

Doesn’t it shout – I’m carrying around expensive stuff (bikes etc) in the back of my van please break into it and steal them?

tomhoward

or ‘I’ve spent all my money on the van, there’s barely any fuel in it, never mind expensive stuff’

Suggsey
    Free Member

Out of interest how much do all the mods cost extra on insurance cover? I hope you bought it for keeps as the colour will restrict any resale value, having said that I like it, if you’re going to have a customised van go the whole way!
    Wondered if I could do the same to my vauxhall combo 1.3cdti for less than £20k 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So, I've almost bought it….’ is closed to new replies.