Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • So, I won a pair of Vans on ebay….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

For £1.04, look nearly brand new too. Surprise surprise I’ve been in touch with the seller for clarification on postage costs and he isn’t getting back in touch. Tbh I’d be pretty pissed off too if it was my listing for Vans which had sold for a quid, but he sold them, I won them, and that’s ebay for you.

What should my next move be?

wwaswas

Weeing in his shoes might not be the best solution on this occasion. Hth.

sbob
    Free Member

What should my next move be?

*Go to the pub, it’s your Birthday.
    And stop using ebay.

*Don’t take the car.

bikebouy
    Free Member

With the money you saved, go buy a new pair 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

A pair? But Shirley you can only drive one at a time.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ain’t you a bit old for Vans, OP?

jools182
    Free Member

This is stw

You’re over 40

You should be wearing ridiculously priced brogues, wearing tailored shirts, shaving with some implement that your grandfather was glad to get rid of, and splashing on cologne from some London Barber shop

loddrik
    Free Member

Regression baby!

DezB
    Free Member

Email the bastard every 5 minutes. All day and all night for a month.

vinnyeh

Pay for them. Worry about the postage later. Then raise hell when (if) they don’t arrive. It’s only a quid for,a bit of fun.

jfletch
    Free Member

Clarification on what to do with the postage costs?

If you won them for next to nowt and then have questioned the costs that were listed in the add then I can see why the seller is pissed off. Pay the listed price and ask him to post. If he doesn’t get pay pal refund.

Simple. No need for all these angsty emails.

loddrik
    Free Member

None of my emails have been remotely angsty whatsoever. That wouldn’t really achieve anything.

somouk
    Free Member

Pay, start a dispute when they don’t turn up and negative feedback.

He shouldn’t have tried to cheap out not setting a reserve.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ebay do competitions?

huggis
    Free Member

Do you need two vans? I mean you can only drive one at a time 🙂

CountZero

I wear Vans most of the time, except winter, and I’m 60 this year. The ‘aren’t you too old for trainers/jeans/mountain bikes/pop music…’ is so Daily Mail, don’t you think?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

qwerty – Member
    A pair? But Shirley you can only drive one at a time.

Posted 2 hours ago

huggis – Member
    Do you need two vans? I mean you can only drive one at a time

Posted 19 minutes ago

is this the gifs thread?

matt_outandabout

We sold a pair of worn twice Salomon Cosmic GTX boots on ebay, they went for less than a fiver. We posted them anyway, such is life.

jfletch
    Free Member

None of my emails have been remotely angsty whatsoever. That wouldn’t really achieve anything.

Why do you need emails at all. Pay the price complain if he doesn’t post. Otherwise it is you being the poor ebayer.

(I’ve had this from the other side before, bidder wins the auction and then complains postage is too high, even though it was there for all to see before they bid. It’s **** annoying)

loddrik
    Free Member

Just to clarify, price of postage not an issue. The seller is from the same place as me, the option to collect is mentioned in the listing, which obviously makes sense in this case, especially as it is offered.

Jamie
    Free Member

I wear Vans most of the time, except winter, and I’m 60 this year. The ‘aren’t you too old for trainers/jeans/mountain bikes/pop music…’ is so Daily Mail, don’t you think?

Can someone pop CZ’s sense of humour chip back in, it appears to have fallen out.

pk13

If cz is over 55 his chip is steam powered might have ran out of coal . Vans still rock in my book

ratherbeintobago

(I’ve had this from the other side before, bidder wins the auction and then complains postage is too high, even though it was there for all to see before they bid. It’s **** annoying)

That’s the sort of stuff that results in people getting blocked from bidding on our items. I think it’s also reportable.

hora
    Free Member

OP people sell used cycling bibs too —–>

sbd16v
    Free Member

I would pay the £2.60 postage and see if they turn up if not open a dispute.

has anyone even stopped to think they might not be for the OP to wear LOL

midlifecrashes

Loddrik, with a pair of Vans, earlier.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘So, I won a pair of Vans on ebay….’ is closed to new replies.