Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • So how did you do in the ardrock? And what a great event!
  • Brown
    Free Member

Trout, I particularly liked your approach to setting riders off:

‘Reckon you’ll catch him? [Watches rider sketch around first corner] Yeah, you’ll catch him. May as well wait a bit longer.’

squoglybob
    Free Member

That bomb hole you were in or at least your brolly was in, lashed down with rigging lines would have offered great protection from the wind in what must have been the most exposed outpost on the whole route,

Thanks for helping make this a great event.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Are any of the stages (or bits of them) available to ride normally? Looking in strava theres some activity but that could be just mates of the Rafferty’s.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Great day out, the stages were brilliant! Fitness wise I felt crap, and was walking up most climbs after stage 4…

Binned it in the woods on the first stage, then again on one of the tight hairpins on stage 4. Other stages went ok, but the pedally bits were painful.

S1 – 5:46
    S2 – 3:16
    S3 – 4:36
    S4 – 3:56
    S5 – 2:33

Total – 20:09

Quite happy considering my mishaps!

noahhowes
    Free Member

Thanks, Trout! Awesome marshals all round really.

Great atmosphere at the race. I loved that fact that there were no start times or transfer times, it made it seem like a fun ride with your mates and other like-minded people rather than a race. Got 24th in masters with a dropped and tangled chain on stage 1, pretty happy with that. Will be back next year, well worth the 5 hour drive!

skydragon
    Free Member

What a great event! Amazing atmosphere with some friendly banter. I really enjoyed the whole weekend.

Kudos to the top riders – I totalled a very average 25:32 as a Veteran and although I really thought I was fit before the event, I soon realised that I wasn’t – my limiting factor to getting a better time was how knackered I quickly got once I tried to open the gas on the descents. I also found myself pushing up a lot of the road climbs (sorry… 🙂 )

Will definitely enter for next years event, just need to think about how I prepare better fitness wise, as well as learning to stay off the brakes more.

The staggered starts seemed to work really well. I found that the stage starts were usually free as you reached them, I’d expected big queues, but there weren’t.

Thanks to all the marshals, organisers and everyone behind the scenes who put the hard work in to pull this off.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Are any of the stages (or bits of them) available to ride normally? Looking in strava theres some activity but that could be just mates of the Rafferty’s.

Not out of events, but there are other events, Ard Rock spin offs and the Nutcracker use 1 and 5, or variants there of.

proutster
    Free Member

Just looked at my results slip and I see that the transfer from Stage 4 to 5 took me over 92 mins!! I was hanging by then and any uphill was a real challenge!

The energy conservation tactic of pushing on quite a few of those final climbs must have helped though, as Stage 5 was my best of the race with 308th fastest time – looks absolutely sh!t now that I’ve written it down though 😳

That’s my 4th Enduro of the year and 7th ever, and I have to say it was the best – hardest by a mile, but definitely the best.

Brilliant fun and even though my legs are still sore I have a sneaking feeling that I’ll be in it again next year.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

First Enduro, had a lot of years of school boy & adult moto cross & have to say the buzz of the event was superb loved it brought back great memories.

Grand Vet’s class 8th overall couple reasonable results, I got held up on stage 1 & 2 a lot, tried to leave big enough gaps before entering the stages but rightly so the marshalls have to keep the flow going, st5 was ace the speed of the stage & drop of right at the end was superb.

Definitely be back again but fitter next time.

8th 419 Mark Steele M50+ 20:25.13 +1:17.45 5:47.86 (8th) 3:23.58 (8th) 4:32.46 (5th) 4:01.00 (8th) 2:40.23 (4th)

Something around 82nd equivalent in the seniors so I’m a happy old geezer.
    Top marks to Trout, that surely must of been a long day up on the fell.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A delayed response but really echoes all the above – what an event!

Soured slightly by my mech exploding towards the bottom of s2 meaning I had to zip tie it together but the chain jumped off at every opportunity – led some some balance bike-esque scooting along on some stages but still managed a 203/323 in my category IIRC. Reckon with the time it lost me I’d have comfortably been in the top 50% which would be a massive achievement for me.

Roll on midnight on whatever day the next years entries go live – flippin brilliant (also helped by great weather and great friends!).

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘So how did you do in the ardrock? And what a great event!’ is closed to new replies.