Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So, bar ends…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was about to post the same!

Not sure I get these really. Surely for longer distances, something like an Ergon bar ended grip would be bettererererer.

scotroutes

I’ve heard they don’t work. I’ll only be interested once Danny Hart has won a few races using them.

Northwind

The article seems sensible enough- they’re not supposed to replace bar ends, they just do something vaguely similiar and offer a different riding position, but without the weight and hookiness of a bar end, and the very wide hand “stance” you get with modern bars + bar ends. I’ve thought about fitting stubby barends inbound of the controls, similiar idea really. Not sure if it’ll work but it’s not stupid

mtbfix

I saw a bike parked outside my local tesco with Scott AT4 Pros yesterday. Now that was a bar solution with all bases covered.

onandon
    Free Member

I guess they’ll stop the shifters getting scratched when you flip the bike to fix a flat.

DickBarton

I’m about to replace the riser on my Rc-200 with a flat and bar ends…way forward I reckon for hardtails and rigid a…not convinced on full bouncers as I’d expect the suspension to move too much for long periods of heaving on the bars…

PhilO
    Free Member

I’m not sure about those, but I have been running bar ends in the centre of the bars for a while, now. They give a much more relaxed hand position when cruising on easy ground, and have been instrumental in eliminating a source of elbow paint…

I have no photos, but they are visible on this video: [video]http://vimeo.com/104837797[/video]

ETA: Yes, I realise that I’m a complete mincer! 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I saw a bike parked outside my local tesco with Scott AT4 Pros yesterday. Now that was a bar solution with all bases covered.

Pfft. BITD, it was all about Profile Durango bars!
    So good even Ned had a set!

rOcKeTdOg

Has anyone’s brother chased down a former world champion DHer using a pair? It’s the only way I’d be convinced

rhayter

I miss bar ends. They were so comfy on those fire road climbs. They just look shite on risers, though. Those little nubbins in the OP just won’t fulfil the same role.

oldnick

I just tape the bars in the middle, nice aero position usually lets me go up one gear on non-techy fast bits.

But I like PhilO’s idea, my shitty wrists need all the help they can get.

njee20
    Free Member

I guess they’ll stop the shifters getting scratched when you flip the bike to fix a flat.

Oh god, don’t go there!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Might try these on my tourer

onandon
    Free Member

Oh god, don’t go there!

Stealth troll is stealthy 🙂

NormalMan

Just spotted this thread. I am pretty sure one the guys from bearbones was testing some out.

I do use a similar position when riding along flat sections of tow path for example. So I see where the idea is coming from although not sure if I’d actually use them.

flashes
    Free Member

I’ll stick to bar ends in the right place and on Lo rise bars, not fussed about the looks but certainly help when climbing….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I think the idea with these is your fingers are still on the brake levers, unlike bar ends..

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Enough bar ends?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So, bar ends…’ is closed to new replies.