Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Snowdon and the stupidity of some people
  • iolo
    Free Member

Alone in jeans and trainers, lost in snow

Let’s hope he made a donation to the mountain rescue charity.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Damn, and I thought it was going to be an opportunity to mock your spelling 😉

Anyhoo, a cheeky mention of a global petition to help secure the man mountain Snowden’s future in safe hands:

Avaaz Petition

crankboy
    Free Member

Petition signed. The snowdon dude really needs to hand his life savings over to mountain rescue.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Not the first and won’t be the last. Topped out after a long day on trinity face once to be met by three girls frozen and disorientated in trackies and trainers, no phone, food, nothing, a group containing us and other mountain folk out for the day got them down but it was a loooong plod and I reckon they’d be a statistic if nobody stumbled across them.

Can be a harsh place, all we can do is educate as much as possible but unfortunately there’s always the warriors who believe they can do anything and they’ll “be fine”.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

its Dawin at work, let him get on with his job will you!

CountZero

While I’m more than inclined to let Darwinism cull the terminally stupid, some might consider that a little harsh. 😉
    Demanding, or at least ‘strongly suggesting’ a donation to the mountain rescue teams, might drive it home to people that dumb stupidity has consequences.
    Maybe being presented with one of these:

and asking for someone’s card before being taken off the mountain might get the point across.

footflaps

While I’m more than inclined to let Darwinism cull the terminally stupid, some might consider that a little harsh.

Nope, makes perfect sense to me.

toby1

He must have dropped the keys to the Vauxhall Frontera, idiot!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You’re failing to understand the natural distribution of intelligence in the population. This is quite “normal” and cannot be changed. Chill.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

CountZero – I like that idea a lot! Card please sir!

jambourgie
    Free Member

The self-righteous vibe is strong.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d be quite happy with a system where you get billed for such a rescue provided I could pay a small insurance premium each year to cover the possibility.

CountZero

jambourgie – Member
    The self-righteous vibe is strong.

Really? As someone who’s got more sense than to go poncing off to remote, wild country with little or no preparation, it all seems perfectly reasonable to me, the same as asking for a card before someone drags the car that some stupid emmet has driven into the mudflats around Burnham, Berrow and Brean.
    Just think of it as evolution in action.

hot_fiat

While I’m more than inclined to let Darwinism cull the terminally stupid, some might consider that a little harsh.

Nope, makes perfect sense to me.[/quote]

Yep, leave it well alone. It all works out in the end.

peterfile
    Free Member

and asking for someone’s card before being taken off the mountain might get the point across.

Pretty much happened to me after a rescue in Val d’Isere. I was in no state to pay the rescuers at the time, so they dropped me off at hospital but kept my snowboard. When I went to collect it later, they said “please can you pay our bill first, then you can have your snowboard back” 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Unfortunately I always think the stupidity is putting a trainline up there, creating the illusion that it isn’t a proper mountain, and encouraging idiots to go wandering around it ill prepared.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Unfortunately I always think the stupidity is putting a trainline up there, creating the illusion that it isn’t a proper mountain, and encouraging idiots to go wandering around it ill prepared.

This. He probably asked around in The Fens(or wherever he’s from) about Snowdon and was told that old ladies walk up it, and that there’s a cafe and train station at the top. Not everyone has a Go Outdoors loyalty card. I’m sure he won’t do it again :-). And yes, send him a bill. But don’t demand payment before rescue. That’s just dark.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon and the stupidity of some people’ is closed to new replies.