Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 197 total)
  • Snow Updates.
  • tinybits
    Free Member

none yet for bath

It’s coming….!

Scamper
    Free Member

Cannock will be a death trap when the snow due towards the morning fills in the braking bumps.

timber

Live up a hill in the red warning area and work even higher up one in it. Snow subsided a bit this afternoon. All this red warning fuss, it’ll probably be gone in the morning.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Everything is white over in this part of Germany but in the mountains they have had tons of the white stuff. Might dig out the snowboard again for a day trip this weekend! 🙂

footflaps

Nothing here in Cambridge, just been for a quick 10k run in a very mild -1C. Am awaiting snow Armageddon tomorrow, or more likely a mild dusting!

Jamie
    Free Member

Nothing here in Cambridge, just been for a quick 10k run in a very mild -1C. Am awaiting snow Armageddon tomorrow, or more likely a mild dusting!

Famous last words, but P’boro/Cambridge area never seem to get it that bad.

SD-253
    Free Member

Hope it clears up as electric might go of how will they repair it? Worried as boiler in attic. Have a generator but not sure how to get everything connected up. Lost electric for 18 hours a couple of weeks ago. Brill as weather ok and got 54 pound compo. Electric blokes said wiring in village 1940s and needs replacing………Honest!

somouk
    Free Member

We had about 10cm in Boston yesterday morning but it had all gone by the time I finished work 🙁

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

White out here at base camp level in the NW Alps

footflaps

Famous last words,

I’m using reverse psychology on the weather (secretly hoping for a monster storm and 3′ of snow so I can finally use the workshop and it’s secret under ground tunnel network as the nuclear winter survival shelter that it was designed to be).

yossarian
    Free Member

Very, very cold on the north kent coast. An ice grey sea and bitter winds whipping inland. Doubt we’ll get much snow before lunchtime tomorrow but when it falls its scheduled to fall for nearly 48hours.

My kids (and me) can’t wait!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Just outside Bedford ……nothing just old snow on the grass from earlier in the week.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Zilch in Eastbourne and +1.7C.

footflaps

Ming, surely you should be reporting from the Planet Mongo?

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Minus 10 according to the car this morning, rode to my colleagues to then sit on a heated seat all the way to work. What more could you want.

jam-bo

Warming up in west Devon. Think we’ll probably be the wet side of the front.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m using reverse psychology on the weather (secretly hoping for a monster storm and 3′ of snow so I can finally use the workshop and it’s secret under ground tunnel network as the nuclear winter survival shelter that it was designed to be).

I do hope so. You must have been so pissed when those Mayans let you down, with their piss poor prophecy. Hopefully you will still get some apocalyptic use out of El Bunker.

scunny
    Free Member

I’ve got to get from Lincolnshire to Gatwick airport by train on Saturday morning for a week in the alps, whats the chances i’ll make it?

ashmonkey
    Free Member

been snowing all afternoon here in sunny north hants.. Came home from work to find some f***** has pinched our heating oil, and broken the tank in the process… Huge log pile at the ready but seriously annoyed…

molgrips
    Free Member

Ming, surely you should be reporting from the Planet Mongo?

Forecast is hot hail.

CountZero

I think some people have high hopes of lots of snow; I saw a woman in Bath this afternoon carrying a plastic toboggan… 😀

MrOvershoot

Cold rain here in the bit of Cheshire that shoves the Wirral out into the Irish sea.
    Water on 3 sides tends to damp down our snow chaos 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Very occasional flakes falling in Surrey Hills.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nothing in Northumberland 🙁

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Few flakes during the day but forecast is giving us possible blizzard conditions here on Dartmoor overnight. 🙄

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No snow in Colwyn Bay fuss & do fuss & do.

jonba
    Free Member

January here in Newcastle – it normally snows in January and February.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nothing in Fife, is dissapointed with 4×4 with mud terrain tyres at the ready.

MrNutt
    Free Member

it was snowing all day, unsettling flurries just off exmoor. Nothing really to report.

Northwind

Is this a good time to say ICE SPIKER FOR SALE! :mrgreen:

None here- blowing a hoolie and pretty cold, but no snow.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just gently drifting down in Matlock, been persistent since mid afternoon and lovely fluffy stuff. Just in case it gets heavier tomorrow it has actually got me onto my bike for the first commute of the year. Should be a giggle in soft fresh snow before most of the traffic arrives 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yep, it’s winter here also????.

Will be taking a car for it’s MOT at 8am and driving to work in another, no big deal really.

Getting excited about some possibly good winter mountaineering/climbing tho.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Englandshire get 3mm of snow and we all have to hear about it. Get a grip guys.

zippykona

Englandshire get 3mm of snow and we all have to hear about it. Get a grip guys

We also talk about rain,frost and wind.If the sun ever comes out we will talk about that as well.
    We are English after all.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

About 1″ and a bit tonight on Baildon and Harden Moors. Everything properly frozen too for the first time too, a clean bike when I got home tonight makes a big difference!

pingu66
    Free Member

Drove to that there London this morning for two day meeting. Day two cancelled due to weather so we could all get safely home. Snow from Oxford to Knutsford, some getting heavy. Long day and a few nutters still about. Think it will be nasty tomorrow though.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nothing here in Northants yet.

roach

Snowing heavy here not far from.

totalshell

no snow in rochdale but strong winds and its mighty cold.. just brought the guinea pigs indoors

Grimy
    Free Member

couple of mm in trafford park. Its been light snow all night, but no real build up. Its got a little heavyer in the last 20 minutes, but I doubt there will be any more than an inch when people get up in a few hours.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Snow Updates.’ is closed to new replies.