Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • smart Sam CX comp any other recommendations for road and off road CX tyre
  • karnali
    Free Member

Looking at these to save my CX tyres. Riding a mix of road forest single track and fells on CX bike at the mo. Is the smart Sam a better allrounder than the CX comp?

Ta

cyclistm
    Free Member

Yes much better in my experience. It’s a little fragile though. I’ve been really disappointed with The cx comp, I thought they would be a tougher alternative to the smart sam but they are poss too tough and so not as grippy off road

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Schwalbe Land Cruiser

jonba
    Free Member

If it is dry then I get away with the conti file tread ones.

Have a look on planet X, they have just bought out some new tyres. The uncle John is like the small block 8 and looks good for mixed riding. I got some but haven’t used them in anger yet.

You need to decide if you prefer fast rolling or grip. If you are mostly on forest road and rocks/gravel then you won’t need much tread.

Spin
    Free Member

I love Smart Sams on my crosser and have used them in a wide variety of situations including the Three Peaks.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Slant Sixs pretty good.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Maxxis Raze has a nice ridge down the middle which helps on the road.

senorj

I liked the slant sixs,they were great off road but they punctured too often (I seemed to have a bad run picking up flints on the road).
    The cheapo wire rim cx comps are what I favour now, mainly for economic reasons over performance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘smart Sam CX comp any other recommendations for road and off road CX tyre’ is closed to new replies.