Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Slot dropout Inbred brake caliper clearance (Hope C2) please
  • Olly
    Free Member

I'm HOPING to order a slot dropout inbred frame this weekend (in 18" flavour)

the brake i will be wanting to use is a Hope C2.
    its quite a chunky caliper, and i seem to remember the space in the frame is a bit snug.

any experiences, yays, nor nays, as to this setup?

aussie (also), i note that there are "2 in stock" on the website, and have been for aaaaaages.
    are they limited availibility, or if i ask for one (and hand over the beer tokens) will i recieve?!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I have a slot dropout inbred (18") and use some mono m4 brakes so maybe not as chunky as the C2. Only problem I have is that I have to run the rear wheel all the way forward in the dropouts. This is because I cannot move the brake caliper any further back due to the hose connector getting in the way. This has meant that I've ended up having to use a doofer to run it SS which isn't the point of a slot dropout frame. With a bit of "engineering" to the frame I'm sure I could sort it out.

Other than that, no problems and I love the frame. Feels fantastic.

Phil_H

My No.3 C2 calliper wouldn't fit. Ended up using a +20 adaptor and went up a disc size to 185mm (mind you the hope +20 adaptor needed some filing to get it to fit).

neilb67
    Free Member

I had a similar problem fitting an XT caliper. Ended up using a 180mm adaptor with the 160mm disc. Works acceptable but not brilliant.

Olly
    Free Member

XTs are pretty slender i thought :s (ive got them on my trance)
    this doesnt bode well….
    neither does my recent adding up of the parts that are needed as extras (building another bike across onto the frame, but will need new seatpost, new headset, new seatclamp, new saddle….. etc
    adding up quickly….

i will have to have an inspect of my spares bin to see what i can rustle up, i think i have a spare 180mm rotor, and im FAIRLY sure its a 160mm on there at the moment.
    or i could use a hayes ive got on my commuter, but do i really want to be lugging around a 185mm C2 on the front of a commuter bike?
    humph.
    complications!

Olly
    Free Member

Phil, you wouldnt have a photograph of your setup would you perchance?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm HOPING to order a slot dropout inbred frame this weekend (in 18" flavour)

I ordered one this morning (same size) so there might only be one left now.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mine will be getting a Hope Mini on the back, using an 160mm disk – I take it that should fit?

Olly
    Free Member

still says 2 left. which is good i think, i have visions of there being a container full of the buggers, and the website no being updated.

couldnt comment on a mini fitting, but a google search for images brings up a few pictures of the dropouts with a number of different brakes in there.

i think i might just get myself another pair of cheap hayes 9s and sell my C2s.
    anyone want to buy some C2s?

Phil_H

I've not got one to hand but I can email you this evening if you would like. What's your email?

epicsteve
    Free Member

couldnt comment on a mini fitting, but a google search for images brings up a few pictures of the dropouts with a number of different brakes in there.

Just checked that. I've got Deore's that I could use if the Mini doesn't fit and I've seen a pic of those fitted ok.

Olly
    Free Member

Phil… olly_roberts@hotNOSPAMmail.com

take out NOSPAM
    cheers 🙂

Phil_H

Olly, Pics sent.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Slot dropout Inbred brake caliper clearance (Hope C2) please’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM