Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Slim or very flat 13 amp plug
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m looking for a flattish 13amp plug, is there such a thing? I’ve seen the ‘folding plug’ online but it looks like it folds out to be not flat.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Any particular reason it needs to be flat?
    Would you not get away with putting a switched fuse spur on, if the appliance does need to be moved?

colin@rush
    Free Member

I saw something that some guy got an award for last year with new, way smaller plugs that were flat, unfortunatly i can’t remember what they are called and as yet i haven’t seen any, but such a product does exsist…

I know the designer mentioned something about being able to put them in a much slimmer laptop bag than you currently can i think they folded too..

Marmoset
    Free Member

WHen I put my dishwsher in I’m sure it had a very slim plug on – and this was after I had the foresight to recess the socket by some way into the block 🙄

Don’t know where you can buy such things, but at least they’re out there.

druidh
    Free Member

As Gary says – the “folding plug” unfolds the wrong way when in use.

Looks like the “handle” bit could be cut off though?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh the design award one is the one I’ve seen.

I have a unit in the dining room which is flush to the skirting board and I don’t want it out any further from the wall if possible. I want to plug in a laptop and mp3 dock, and mp3 dock sits on the unit – laptop inside the unit. Only other option is to cut a hole in the back of the unit at the socket.

druidh
    Free Member

Spur socket to a higher wall or free socket (above the level of the unit)? That would also make it easier to switch off/unplug the laptop & mp3 dock when required.

I see that the handles section also includes the fuse – damn!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Could you take the plug off and hard wire it the same as an electric cooker.

prettygreenparrot

you could put in one of these and ‘hardwire’ the dishwasher in
    SS FCU

igm

Flush to the wall socket will help if you haven’t got one already.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well yeh I could put a spur half way up the wall and plug the things in there but that won’t be very neat. Probably cutting holes in the back of the unit at socket hight is the best solution.

Hard wiring them into a fused spur isn’t an option. Good idea though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve had a eureka moment on this one. Someone mentioned hard wiring the appliance into a switched spur, I’d thought about this but as I’m plugging in more than one thing then this wouldnt work. However I can hard wire a switched 4 bar extension which can sit in the cupboard and plug the appliances into that.

Sorted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Slim or very flat 13 amp plug’ is closed to new replies.