Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Slightly weird buyer from here…
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Bmh25,

There’s absolutely no offence intended, and no suggestion that you weren’t a stand-up chap.

I put the thread up before you replied to my email.

My final post was… (It’s kind of lost in all the chatter)

Ive been selling *a lot* of stuff on here recently, and dealt with loads of people. This is the first time in all that time that someone’s asked me for my address and full name when when selling something.
    It may well be perfectly normal, but my experiene, since 2009 I think, has informed me that this isn’t normal.
    Anyway, seems like I’m worried about nothing, so its all fine.

Which sums it up, I was asked for something that wasn’t normal for me, which weirded me out, but turns out it’s actually normal. Which I was all good with, and gave me the confidence I was after that something wasn’t amiss.

davosaurusrex

Be a big boy and say sorry then

bmh25
    Free Member

Ok,

But I paid you 2 days ago,what email are you talking about??
    we’ve been corresponding since last week,unlike you i don’t spend x amount of time in here..you obviously have too much time on your hands or are very bored..

Where are the cranks that I’ve paid you £115 for 2 days ago???,you said 1st signed delivery tracked,I’ve not heard from you since I transfered monies?

Not really wanting too waste my time or energies on this or you,do the right thing and transfer money back into said bank account.

rickon
    Free Member

Are you assuming this thread was started today? It was started before you had paid any money into my account.

I can return the money if that’s what you would like. But you’ll need to return the cranks when they arrive.

The post has been pretty slow due to cyber Monday, so its entirely up to you.

I’m a well know stw’er, and have sold a lot of stuff here, with a lot of happy buyers. See here for a recent example: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thumbs-up-to-rickon

Like I said, its entirely up to you, I can refund the money, but you’ll need to post them back when they arrive. Pop me our account details, and it can be done in the next few minutes.

bearnecessities

Pair of you, just pick up the phone.

Doing this by forum posts is only going to end in tears, unnecessarily so 🙂

bmh25
    Free Member

Thanks.

bruneep

Ahh the the old 2nd login account trick 😉

muzzle
    Free Member

Pop me our account details

Don’t forget to include your full name.

Poopscoop

Guys,

Don’t let the stirrers on here get their way.

OP was a little hasty posting on here, but was only trying to be cautious as we’re all told to be these days. I’m sure he’s learnt a few things about bank transfers and posting such a topic on stw…

Buyer, parts are on way, seems pointless to cut your nose of to spite your face? Even if you never purchase from the seller in the future.

Like I said, op was just a bit hasty and made a mistake posting such a topic on here. He wasn’t being malicious mate.

Anyway, hope you both sort it out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I will give you £100 for them as they are third hand

Pop me an e-mail with your name address favourite colour nicest auntie and last place you went on holiday and we can start our own thread say Tuesday?

Cougar

you said 1st signed delivery tracked

You’ve exchanged tracking numbers, yes?

This is all very odd. I wouldn’t have accepted bank transfer payment from someone I didn’t know in the first place, but bmh25 has been here for four years so (presumably, I’ve not checked) has built up some goodwill? Totally get why you’d ask ‘is this unusual’ but it seems a bit swift to be naming and shaming IMHO.

Anyroad. Far as I can see, the money’s been paid and the goods have been posted. Everyone’s a winner, yes?

rexated
    Free Member

Pop me our account details

Seems like they’ve made up already, even gone so far as to get a joint account. That’s beautiful.

muzzle
    Free Member

Good news. That’ll save further financial misunderstandings.

bruneep

No! we never got a lynching

tomhoward

I’m a well know stw’er, and have sold a lot of stuff here, with a lot of happy buyers. See here for a recent example: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thumbs-up-to-rickon

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah, that was a bit

julianwilson
    Free Member

This thread is like one of those links that people you don’t really know that well but are somehow facebook friend post up:
    “he posted up a thread on stw about a classifieds sale, but no one expected what would happen next….” [\i]

rickon
    Free Member

Just to tie off the thread, I don’t want the buyer to feel slated. So I’ve refunded the money and asked him to refuse the package, and it’ll arrive back with me next week.

Poopscoop

Ah, shame mate, but addy least you can draw a line under it.

Onwards and upwards bud. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Given the delay the best I can offer now is £90 and the name of your favourite pet

bruneep

Now that’s just weird.

km79
    Free Member

Just to tie off the thread, I don’t want the buyer to feel slated. So I’ve refunded the money and asked him to refuse the package, and it’ll arrive back with me next week.

Ha ha, I hope he keeps them!

bmh25
    Free Member

rick on

Still haven’t heard from you regarding proof of posting??,ive tried mailing you but ive no response,I can appreciate you refunding the £115,
    but to save any confusion and more threads being posted up with false allegations I’d like to know when item was sent?if sent at all?

Thanks poppet.

bearnecessities

Thanks poppet.

I feel your Payne.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Poppet?

Has an unlikely romance been spawned from this frankly weird transaction?

njee20
    Free Member

Totes random.

I’m interested though.

matt_outandabout

Kettle is on.

toby1

Not sure anyone deserves pudding at this point.

tomhoward

bruneep

tomhoward

*fistbumps bruneep*

Carry on.

soobalias
    Free Member

are the cranks still for sale, if they are less than 10% worn i might be interested.
    transfer me £75 and i will take them off your hands.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Slightly weird buyer from here…’ is closed to new replies.