Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Sledging on-duty police officers
  • dangriff
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Fair play to them.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Police officers join in with the community for a few minutes and make the interface between officers and public a little more light hearted and easier to approach and they get reprimanded. Well done senior officer, that'll help loads.

hainey
    Free Member

Yeah, good on em.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well put, coffeeking.

Great to see cops out with the people, rather than behind a desk doing paperwork!

DezB
    Free Member

Supt Murray obviously pissed off that he didn't think of it. Miserable ****.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I say not the done thing, they should get on with arresting people for stepping on the cracks inbetween the paving slabs on the pavement Is there a lot of riots in Bristol then???

dangriff
    Free Member

At least he only gave them a token b0ll0king. I was half expecting to hear they were suspended or something like that.

If I'd seen it, I'd have asked to borrow the shield for a go – it went for miles…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Made me laugh and I certainly wish I'd thought of it! I imagine those riot shields are super quick and at least there's a handle to hold onto too!!! Plus I know some of those officers …ribbing all the way from now on!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Pass on our support then will you!

DM52
    Free Member

I can only think the reprimand is really for failing to have the traffic division half way down the hill recording the top speeds on a radar gun. Serious lapse in judgement in my opinion.

damion
    Free Member

Yeah good on them I say, good to see officers getting involved with the community. I bet that's the most respect they've ever had from the surrounding youths.

crankboy
    Free Member

This is a total non story just like the tv reports of officers playing hide and seek in police cars on nights or cricket in the cell area. There job often entails a lot of waiting for events to happen why should they not amuse them selves and stay fit and alert in the dull bits .

Give me a reason and i'll slag off the police till i'm blue in the face but having some harmless fun and a laugh during your working day is not an issue at all.

I assume they were a van crew and the shields were in the van anyway if they had booked the shields out to go sledging that would be a tad odd and i'd love to see the paper trail.

Olly
    Free Member

Good for them.

round here (East of Exeter) they have been filling the time by doing speed checks!

who do they expect to catch speeding on ice and snow?
    and it just going to cause people to touch the brakes as they spot them.

Burks

more sledging!

Olly
    Free Member

Good for them.

round here (East of Exeter) they have been filling the time by doing speed checks!

who do they expect to catch speeding on ice and snow?
    and it just going to cause people to touch the brakes as they spot them.

Burks

more sledging!

dangriff
    Free Member

I hope the rest of the country have the same unanimous support for them as we seem to. Why shouldn't they have some fun in the snow? We all did.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Crankboy the shields are already in the transit van they were in! they'd have had 3 round shields and 3 4ft square shields so shame they weren't racing each other!
    I will be sure to send the officers the link to this thread!!!

plant
    Free Member

It might've been different if they had ignored a call just to play in the snow but for a few minutes with a riot shield? Wish I'd been there – I would've laughed and applauded them. Good on 'em.

On a similar note, I noticed some people (I assume NHS employees?) using a body board. Absolutely no control but boy, was it quick!!

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Yeah.
    Good on them.
    Got my support for being human and having a bit of fun.

crankboy
    Free Member

yep munge-chick my asumption was correct though i do love the idea of them trying to draw them out of stores with out letting on why.

It does beg the question which shield for sledging ?

uplink
    Free Member

This story saddens me

Why oh why didn't the local kids engage them with a few well aimed snowballs?
    Such an opportunity wouldn't have been missed in my day

I really don't what this country is coming to – broken Britain etc. 😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    ski
    Free Member

Cannot see what harm its done and for the officers to be reprimanded, that is just plain madness.

I hope they let the kids have a go too, that riot shield looked great fun 😉

hora
    Free Member

I dont see what the problem is? It protrays the officers/force as approachable. Its a good news story for once.

brooess
    Free Member

I got the feeling from the wording that the 'reprimand' was tongue in cheek, for the media or those sad people in life who could find a problem with a few coppers sledging.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Thought it was a good way to demonstrate that police officers have a 'fun' side. No harm done at all

LIGHTEN UP FOR PETE'S SAKE! 😆

hora
    Free Member

I got the feeling from the wording that the 'reprimand' was tongue in cheek, for the media or those sad people in life who could find a problem with a few coppers sledging.

I was thinking that. After all – they can do a very stressful **** job as it is. Let them have some relief.

takisawa2

Great Stuff.
    Cant imagine they were actually dragged over the coals big style, sounds good for the media though. Probably just a quiet word more like. Guess it raises the bar for the next hi jinks if nothing is said though.

Drac

Seems to me the BBC or making a fuss out of the story, probably was just a quiet word in there ear not reprimanded.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yeah I got the feeling it was kind of a "don't do that again…. but how fast did you get?"

david_r
    Free Member

Looks like I'm in the minority here. I think it's discraceful.

They had a van load of shields yet only one was used?? What were they thinking? Wonder if you can buy riot shields on eBay, they fly!! and it will help in trying to get the next bike purchase in the house and past the wife – double bonus!

thegreatape
    Free Member

They're good down stairs too. I hear.

scraprider
    Free Member

ha ha ha very good, at work and having a giggle ,

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think what they were doing there was known as "Fair Play" and I commend them for it, Supt Andrew Murray needs to get out a bit more.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Am I the only person who saw sledging in the title and thought of aussie cricketers sledging?

"Oi, why are you so fat?"

"Cos every time I **** your wife she gives me a biscuit,"

"How's your wife and my kids….."

"The wife's fine but the kids are retarded…"

soobalias
    Free Member

at least they had bothered to turn up to work that day, not wishing to drag up the teachers thread again 😉

WackoAK
    Free Member

TJ – nope, until I clicked the link it's exactly what I thought. 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I imagine the round shields are far better for sleding due to their shape and angled up edges! Square ones would be difficult to sit on too as the rigid handles get in the way!! round shields even have one folding handle for safety! see they did think about the design when they were made!!!!
    I hope the rollocking was tongue in cheek, as someone already said have to tell them off for those people in society that think it was a disgrace and wonder "haven't you got some proper criminals you could be catching" .. nope because a lot are all tucked up because of the weather 😆

montylikesbeer

Just as long is he has not gone on the sick for three years…………what with his back back and all.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just found out who the officers are! 1 of them is probably one of THE best coppers I've ever met, lots of service and is your oldie everyone wants on beat bobby will sort our your problem instantly!! The list of names .. can't see any that will pull sickies or don't work hard at their job!!! Even more brilliant now I know exactly who it is!! HA HA HA HA HA can't wait to get back to work on Monday to let the ribbing commence!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Sledging on-duty police officers’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM