Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • slapped wrists for war crimes
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

from BBC:

Israel has revealed it has reprimanded two top army officers for using white phosphorus shells during an attack on a UN compound in Gaza last year.

The admission is contained in the Israeli response to the Goldstone report, which concluded both Israel and Hamas had committed war crimes.

Both officers have retained their ranks according to reports.

Until now the Israeli army has denied breaking the rules of engagement over the use of white phosphorus.

hmmmmm…..

hainey
    Free Member

I think if you start looking at who has used White Phosphorus grenades in warfare it would be quicker to make a list of who hasn't unfortunately.

allthepies
    Free Member

No Blair content ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I blame Hitler.

aracer
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Surely for this one we blame Balfour? The twice promised land?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think if you start looking at who has used White Phosphorus grenades in warfare it would be quicker to make a list of who hasn't unfortunately.

That's possibly because the use of white phosphorus in war is legal.

But the Israelis have not simply been accused of "using" white phosphorus.

They have been condemned for firing white phosphorus shells into United Nations compounds and schools in which civilians were sheltering. This is very clearly illegal under international law. Firstly white phosphorus shells must not be used where they might harm civilians, and secondly United Nations compounds must not be targeted.

I would suggest that the list of countries which have used white phosphorus shells illegally, is in fact,
    very short indeed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i blame jesus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘slapped wrists for war crimes’ is closed to new replies.