Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SLAP lesion surgery
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

Booked in to have my slap lesion repaired on left shoulder in Jan. Hopefully also having the collarbone fragment removed and possibly A/C ligament sutured. Has anyone else been through it and if so what was the rehab process and how long until you were riding/racing again please?

mattg73
    Free Member

Had a slap tear repaired 4 years ago. Ended up with a 15mm tear which needed two anchors. Anesthetic made me groggy for a few days. Back in work in 5 days. In a sling for 6 weeks. No driving for a further couple of weeks. Then 10 weeks of physio. The physio felt very slow as the range of movement and muscle repair needs to be done step by step. I followed it to the letter and had no issues. A mate in work tried to push his physio by wanting to do more and more but it gave him lots more issues and lengthened his recovery.

Back on mountain bike about 12 weeks after Op but only easy stuff. Probably took a total of 5-6 months until back to full riding.

Good luck

keithyr
    Free Member

Grade 3 a/c and slap tear in bicep.

Op was in Nov 2013, 4 weeks off work with very little movement in arm. Back on bike April / May this year but only easy stuff, stopped physio after 9 months and now 95% movement just a bit stiffness, still doing the strengthening and stretches.

Best advice is do exactly as the physio tells you. It will be a slog but you will get there.

I’m now back riding and playing squash ok.

Good luck.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Thanks all. It’s not a massive tear: 11 o’clock to 2 apparently and as NHS missed it in the 3 consultations I had immediately after it took until 8 months down the line to get it diagnosed privately by which time I’d missed the window to get it done within natural healing time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SLAP lesion surgery’ is closed to new replies.