Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SKS Rennkompressor and Schraeder valves
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Have this pump with the ‘EVA’ head as shown. Fine on presta but can’t work out how it can possibly work on schraeder – nothing there to push the pin down.

Any clues?

lipseal
    Free Member

Normally you take the insides out of the head and swap them round. Not sure about this one as I haven’t seen it in the flesh.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

It works without adjustment, just try it 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It works without adjustment, just try it

Mine absolutely does NOT work without adjustment – no about of pushing it on and pumping inflates a schraeder tyre and looking into the head there’s nothing to push down the valve so i can’t see how it can work. Is there any part that could have fallen out?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Must have, mine works perfectly on presta. Press the presta valve down briefly before inflation to make sure its not sticky.

lipseal
    Free Member

Bigdug it needs to work on schraeder not presta.

seosamh77
    Free Member

open up and flip around the insides for schraeder, if it’s not immediately obvious to you(which it should be), you’ll get it eventually.. just get yourself some presta tubes though, schraeder values are shit if you ask me.

uplink
    Free Member

You’ll need a tractor pump for Schraeder valves surely?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Just looked at mine. The rennkompressor doesn’t have a pin which opens a schraeder valve, it just uses air pressure.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

open up and flip around the insides for schraeder, if it’s not immediately obvious to you(which it should be), you’ll get it eventually..

Tried that – there are not bits to flip round.

just get yourself some presta tubes though, schraeder values are shit if you ask me

I agree – unfortunately can’t get them for the tyres on the car or the Brompton.

Just looked at mine. The rennkompressor doesn’t have a pin which opens a schraeder valve, it just uses air pressure.

Does that work on Schraeder? I’ve tried the SKS on both the car and Brommie tyres and the pressure guage just goes up to over 100psi in a couple of pumps but no air ever gets in the tyre.

aracer
    Free Member

I agree – unfortunately can’t get them for the tyres on the car or the Brompton.

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/39693/Schwalbe_1618Inch_Presta_SV4_Innertube

(sorry, can’t help with the car)

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Does that work on Schraeder? I’ve tried the SKS on both the car and Brommie tyres and the pressure guage just goes up to over 100psi in a couple of pumps but no air ever gets in the tyre.

Yes, it does work. I tested mine before posting to be sure.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SKS Rennkompressor and Schraeder valves’ is closed to new replies.