Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Skin problems with pads
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

I suffer from eczema quite frequently especially in areas that get sweaty. When I go out riding I get really crazy itchy flare ups on my knees from my Endura Mt500 pads. I’ve also started getting it on my elbows from G-Form elbow pads. I’ve tried putting talcum powder and deodorant before the pads but doesn’t make much difference.

Does anyone else suffer from this? Any solutions?

Ta!

jam-bo

I wear 3/4 length Lycra shorts under knee pads or I find they rub the top of my kneecap.

wwaswas

I’ve had problems with silicone grippers on knee warmers causing skin reactions – do these pads have any on them to keep them in place?

vonplatz
    Free Member

The G-Forms do, at the top, but no reaction there, it’s more in the areas with friction/heat and consequently sweat build up.

p7rich
    Free Member

Lifelong eczema sufferer here…

The last thing you wanna do is use talc (this will dry your skin – the exact opposite of what you want) and deodorant will likely cause problems with the chemicals and perfumes it contains.

No two people with eczema are affected the same way but i get on very well with washing pads in non bio after every use. Mine are 661 Kyle Straits and they rarely cause me any issues.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

It is probably the latex in the foam. I (another lifelong sufferer) use some Dainese pads with a kind of polyester fibre matrix instead of foam. It is light and extremely breatheable. Way way better than anything else I have tried.

vonplatz
    Free Member

What’s the name of those Dainese pads or are they all like that?

passtherizla
    Free Member

As above… Mine get washed after every ride. Kyle straits and no issues.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I think mine are these, but mine a re few years older.

vonplatz
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience with Dainese Trail Skin pads and this problem?

neilwheel
    Free Member

There were a few people recommending those a short while back, have you tried searching.

The Endura are good pads but always found them to be hot and sweaty.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Skin problems with pads’ is closed to new replies.